Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Paypal Text

Today I received a text message purporting to be from Paypal

I suspect the phone number is false but I rang it and got a message bank so I left a message, "F**k off, if you leave another message on my phone I will be round to shove it up your arse".

In these days of Covid one has to take one's simple pleasures where one can.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	-B2Vo9_8.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	14469  
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:03 AM

Re: Paypal Text

I've had similar message and I text back eff off you scamming bustards but it bounced straight back grrrrrrr
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 12:18 PM

I am always getting those i just delete them.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 01:46 PM

He He like it Bruce, and I hope you specified how far you would shove it
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:22 PM

It's a scam of course but NEVER EVER ring those numbers because the phone line can still be 'live' even though you think you've ended the call. Also the cost of making a call is extremely expensive, just a few seconds can cost upwards of £5 to £10. To make sure the phone line connection is 100% disconnected you need to power off the phone then power it back on again.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:48 PM

I get a lot of texts and emails about Paypal, I just go to the Site and sign in, within seconds I can see what's what. So far all have been scams.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 03:46 PM

Just put them in the Spam folder and delete every so long.
No worries.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 03:58 PM

Just came into my mail box .

China Coin <jpqcsxdaww@iowa.postadvanced.com>
jpqcsxdaww@iowa.postadvanced.com>

Tue, 5 Jan at 13:53

Introducing China’s Government-back Crypto Currency.

I wonder should I think of investing...
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Just came into my mail box .

China Coin <jpqcsxdaww@iowa.postadvanced.com>
jpqcsxdaww@iowa.postadvanced.com>

Tue, 5 Jan at 13:53

Introducing China’s Government-back Crypto Currency.

I wonder should I think of investing...
Maybe if they send you £250 which would enable you to release £5 so you could then get the $1 million hahaha
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
It's a scam of course but NEVER EVER ring those numbers because the phone line can still be 'live' even though you think you've ended the call. Also the cost of making a call is extremely expensive, just a few seconds can cost upwards of £5 to £10. To make sure the phone line connection is 100% disconnected you need to power off the phone then power it back on again.
Absolute nonsense. The phone system doesn't work that way.

Premium call numbers start with specific digits and can be barred (in Australia it is 19).

In the old electro mechanical step by step step phone system it was possible for a caller to hold the line but that hasn't been true for decades - note it was only the caller that could hold the line. The modern system disconnects the call when either party hangs up

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top