littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

05-01-2021, 09:57 PM

Re: No headphone socket on TV

Model number is L19LDVB11B
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by littleannie ->
Can anyone help please?
I have a small Logik TV with DVD player. There is no headphone socket. It has 3 sockets on the back , a yellow one labelled video, a white one labelled L, and a red one labelled R.
I have been looking on Amazon, and found a 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable adaptor stereo headphone female jack to 2 male audio lead. If I plug this into the TV and then plug my headphones into it, can I listen to my DVDs through my headphones? Or is this adaptor for putting sound INTO the TV, rather than getting sound out of it, if you see what I mean.
Customer reviews are confusing. I am not very technically minded!
Thanks.
Just had a relook at your post more closely and paid more attention to bit in bold. The yellow video socket gives it away. It means those 3 sockets are input, basically for connecting video cameras or other video media device.

There has to be a audio output socket on that TV somewhere. That's why we need the model number of the TV so we can help you further.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:03 PM

Model number is L19LDVB11B
OK, having a look now.
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

05-01-2021, 10:03 PM

Dodge I have posted model number above. Thanks
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Just had a relook at your post more closely and paid more attention to bit in bold. The yellow video socket gives it away. It means those 3 sockets are input, basically for connecting video cameras or other video media device.

There has to be a audio output socket on that TV somewhere. That's why we need the model number of the TV so we can help you further.

Quite right. They are input sockets. Here is the back of the TV (same model number apart from the 'B' at the end).

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/78...?page=8#manual

It has an HDMI socket that could be used to get audio out to an external amplifer with a headphone socket. It also has a SCART connector. I have made and/or bought leads that that takes the audio out pins on the SCART plug and converts them to phono leads that can be plugged into an audio amplifier.

Both ways need some sort of audio amplifier though.
Dodge
Kent, UK

05-01-2021, 10:30 PM

Dodge I have posted model number above. Thanks
Found your TV's user manual and had a good look through it. I am shocked that it does not have a headphone socket. The bad news is ALL the sockets on the TV are INPUT only, none of them are output. I did have an idea to use an SCART to RCA switchable adapter but again reading the user manual, it states that the SCART socket is input only which I find highly strange because in the manual it states you can connect a VCR which is a recording device as well as a player and a DVD player/recorder.

I am therefore sorry to say that based on what is in the instruction/user manual, there is no way for you to be able to connect as pair of headphones to your TV.
Dodge
Kent, UK

05-01-2021, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Quite right. They are input sockets. Here is the back of the TV (same model number apart from the 'B' at the end).

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/78...?page=8#manual

It has an HDMI socket that could be used to get audio out to an external amplifer with a headphone socket. It also has a SCART connector. I have made and/or bought leads that that takes the audio out pins on the SCART plug and converts them to phono leads that can be plugged into an audio amplifier.

Both ways need some sort of audio amplifier though.
The problem with your suggestions is that the TV has to support both input and output on it's sockets and I am afraid to say that after finding the manual online and reading through it, ALL the sockets are INPUT only.
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

05-01-2021, 10:43 PM

Dodge and mart:-
Thank you both for all the trouble you have gone to, I really appreciate it.
Oh well, I will just have to enjoy (suffer) the football every night, unless I banish myself to the bedroom!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:48 PM

There are usually audio out pins on a SCART socket. Then the audio amp is used for controlling the sound independent of the TV. The volume of the TV can be turned right down and the signal level coming out of the SCART pins remains present and constant. Some TVs allow the internal speaker to be turned off if an external amplifier is being used. There would need to be a headphone socket present on the amplifier as well for this case.

I have done this with a few TVs and it has worked. Here is a SCART lead designed to get audio out (but not amplified audio).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-5m-Scart-...tronics&sr=1-5

or..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/scart-3-5mm.../dp/B00136X340
Dodge
Kent, UK

05-01-2021, 10:53 PM

Dodge and mart:-
Thank you both for all the trouble you have gone to, I really appreciate it.
Oh well, I will just have to enjoy (suffer) the football every night, unless I banish myself to the bedroom!!
Now you know your TV cannot have headphones, can your partner not wear headphones watching his TV programs?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top