Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 12:32 PM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
spill!
OK, a friend & I were looking out of my living room window at dusk. We saw this light moving very fast from right to left, high up, it was yellowy white & glowed & looked big, it was going far to fast for a plane or anything else, couldn't see any shape apart from the bright light, we watched it til it disappeared. Have no idea to this day what it was.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 12:45 PM

Yes they do - in my brother's head.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 01:02 PM

Do Aliens Exist?
Absolutely not, and we should demand the money back that was spent on this professors education.....Bloody nutter!

Annoyed from Doncaster
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
I get ya-
The clues in the avatars
Did somebody ask for me?

I personally think that it is very naive to presume that us humans are the only intelligent (if I might describe it thus) life forms in the universe.

I have to be honest and say that if I was an alien life form looking at our planet, I would be advising everybody and everything to stay well clear of the place.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 02:26 PM

It was pointed out somewhere that given the predatory nature of all life on earth its reasonable to assume anything lurking out in space is likely to be dangerous to us.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 02:36 PM

i've just googled the names in our members list......yes they do exist
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
OK, a friend & I were looking out of my living room window at dusk. We saw this light moving very fast from right to left, high up, it was yellowy white & glowed & looked big, it was going far to fast for a plane or anything else, couldn't see any shape apart from the bright light, we watched it til it disappeared. Have no idea to this day what it was.
Sounds a bit scary, Tiffany. Could it have been the International Space Station going over?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:20 PM

Statistically, there is a very small but significant probability of higher life forms existing out there, but likewise this universe is just so vast, that it would be akin to a bacteria in the Seychelles running across a fungal cell on a fir in the middle of Canada. Not only is it geographically unlikely, its would likely be communicatively unlikely too.

When we finally run across life somewhere, it will likely be along the simplest lines of eukaryota, bacteria, or archaea (most likely because of the extremes of conditions in which they live.) The good news abut that is that they won't have invented Facebook yet.

Party pooper me. I'm getting my coat....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sounds a bit scary, Tiffany. Could it have been the International Space Station going over?
Too fast ST, it was only a few moments we were watching & then it vanished.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Statistically, there is a very small but significant probability of higher life forms existing out there, but likewise this universe is just so vast, that it would be akin to a bacteria in the Seychelles running across a fungal cell on a fir in the middle of Canada. Not only is it geographically unlikely, its would likely be communicatively unlikely too.

When we finally run across life somewhere, it will likely be along the simplest lines of eukaryota, bacteria, or archaea (most likely because of the extremes of conditions in which they live.) The good news abut that is that they won't have invented Facebook yet.

Party pooper me. I'm getting my coat....
Exactly my thoughts Surfer, even about facebook...

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top