Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 08:01 PM

Re: Is it cruel to train and use guide dogs

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
My SiL bought my brother a Rottie as a 50th birthday prezzie. He took the dog to training classes but she was as thick as a brick apparently and the trainer sacked them both!
My friend had a Boxer that I took dog training, he also was as thick as a brick & was sacked from the rookie class. He was useless, but lovable.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Doggo likes excitement and stimulation-fun and larks. Would thye be used if there was a choice, probably not.

Not sure about that Xirrpy.

Dogs love to please, and love companionship.
I am fairly sure they would rather be with a good kind owner all day, doing little jobs and getting rewarded, than sitting in an empty flat, alone and staring at a brick wall every day, or chained to a kennel outside.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My friend had a Boxer that I took dog training, he also was as thick as a brick & was sacked from the rookie class. He was useless, but lovable.
My youngest son bought a dog last year, it is a lovely friendly dog but appeared to be as thick as a brick too and slow to learn. However it appears to be learning instructions as it gets older so there is always hope and it does have a loyal nature.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:37 AM

Mr Ms daughter has a large friendly dog which is not the brightest .
He got expelled from dog training for humping everything in sight .
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Dogs love to work, you only have to watch them, sheep dogs, police dogs, sniffer dogs, dogs who help disabled people & guide dogs in fact any dog who has a job to do.
from personal experience I can definitely say working dogs (in my case sheep dogs) love their work. To them it is a game and a very popular one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's discrimination.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
hahahha - what a cad

Yea my little dodgo aint too bright. Took days to teach her to go through a cat flap. Id explain the concept and demonstrate but each time she'd look at me and shake her head. I tried everything bar squeezing myself through.
Now she dives through smoking a ciggy
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
from personal experience I can definitely say working dogs (in my case sheep dogs) love their work. To them it is a game and a very popular one.
It comes instinctively for Collies to herd sheep, i have watched my friends, she has sheep + 2 Collies, we tried doing it ourselves at times, useless we were,

We had to call in the Collies,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:53 PM

Our Collie, who looked like a sheep dog but probably wasn't pure bred, used to ignore sheep, could take her on the moor & she would just stroll through a herd of them, the sheep just moved out of the way, but show her a couple of toddlers & they'd be in a corner & being guarded before you could tell her not to. I have to tell my friends with little kids not to bring them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Tiffs what an incredibly useful dog .
You could have hired her out to the local nursery school

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top