Join for free
Page 18 of 164 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:15 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My flu jab was delivered at home.

My Covid jab will be the same.
Stop smiling Swim, it wont be done by some sexy, slim Nurse"!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:40 PM

I got a text inviting me for the vaccination on Thursday. I am going tomorrow to have it done.
Not sure why l have been called as l wasn’t classed as ‘vulnerable’? I do have Asthma though.
My brother in law who is older than me hasn’t been called yet, nor has my friend who is slightly younger than me and is classed as ‘vulnerable’.

As l have written on this forum before, l always refuse tha Flu injection but as my daughter caught Covid, then l feel this virus is another kettle of fish, that you don’t mess with.

Yes, l have lost sleep worrying about it. It’s not because l don’t like injections as they don’t bother me.
What l am worried about is the ‘after affects’. Will l get Bells Palsy? Will l react badly to it as l am allergic to preservatives, additives/ chemicals in foods, perfume and some soap powders.

But as l stated above, l will still attend... so wish me luck as l wave goodbye!!

Drama Queen... aren’t l?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:52 PM

Art, all those who have has the vaccination in this thread have been more or less trouble free, a few have felt soreness and a bit achy after but that soon disappeared.

Just try to relax and you will be fine.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:59 PM

Art it's a small prick
I'm sure you have had to contend with many of them in your life!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Art, all those who have has the vaccination in this thread have been more or less trouble free, a few have felt soreness and a bit achy after but that soon disappeared.

Just try to relax and you will be fine.
Yes Mags, l am sure it will be but it’s the thought that’s the worst.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2021, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Art it's a small prick

Rhian!!!!! Tut Tut Tut Tut....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:36 AM

Vaccinated people may spread virus, says Van-Tam

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55784199

People who have received a Covid-19 vaccine could still pass the virus on to others and should continue following lockdown rules, England's deputy chief medical officer has warned.

Prof Van-Tam said "no vaccine has ever been" 100% effective, so there is no guaranteed protection.

It is possible to contract the virus in the two- to three-week period after receiving a jab, he said - and it is "better" to allow "at least three weeks" for an immune response to fully develop in older people.

"Even after you have had both doses of the vaccine you may still give Covid-19 to someone else and the chains of transmission will then continue," Prof Van-Tam said.
A word to the wise .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Vaccinated people may spread virus, says Van-Tam

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55784199

A word to the wise .....
Isn't that why the government are so keen to get everybody vaccinated?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Art it's a small prick
Ha! Ha! No! Ho! Ho! Ho!
Quick off the mark Rhian 😀😀😀

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Isn't that why the government are so keen to get everybody vaccinated?
No.
Or at least not just for that.
Being vaccinated will decrease the possibility of severe infection and death.
The current thinking is that even if you can carry the virus, once vaccinated the virus will remain transmissable for a shorter period of time than in a non-vaccinated person and also the viral load is said to be lower meaning less chance of infecting others.

Related to this infecting of others is news of a nasal spray being developed which also prevents infection.
The good news is that this spray uses current proven technology and ingredients meaning it doesn''t need further approval before being rolled-out, which means it could quickly become one more effective tool in an increasing armoury against this virus.

"A nasal spray which can prevent a coronavirus infection for up to two days could be available in high street pharmacies by the summer, researchers have said.

Scientists at the University of Birmingham have been developing the spray since April last year and are currently in discussions with shops and pharmaceutical giants on the next steps to mass produce it."

"The formula helps prevent infection by capturing the virus in the nose and encapsulating it in a coating which it cannot escape from. As a result, it would be safe for a person to breathe out - even if inhaled by another person - because the virus would be inactive and harmless."

"The team believes using the spray four times a day would be enough for general protection, although it is safe enough to be applied every 20 minutes if in a high-risk, densely populated environment such as schools."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...emists-summer/

I know The Telegraph is subscription-only, but it has a free trial period for anybody interested.
Otherwise the above is a fair indicator of the report's contents.

Page 18 of 164 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top