Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 06:11 AM

Lockdown.

Hi

How seriously are you taking it?

I am not going out of the boundaries of my house and garden.

I do have people coming in.

Sabina my cleaner and shopper.

Piotyr who moves the furniture and who is doing some electrics and decorating.

We are all masked and never in the same room, we wear gloves and use sanitisers on the gloves.

I have the Gas Lass coming to do the Gas Fire and the SKY Engineer as Well.

We will not be in the same room.

I am having some work done on my car, the brakes.

They will collect and delivier.

I am taking it very seriously.

Ny Nightmare is that I have to go into hospital which is rank with the virus.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 06:37 AM

Re: Lockdown.

Do what you have to do for yourself, your family and others. You have serious health issues. You can't be too careful. WE in Australia have taken it seriously from the get go. Our leaders and health officials have led from the front. That's why we have been able to keep a lid on it. Everybody should take it seriously. IT's a huge shame some don't.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 08:51 AM

I am also taking it seriously and following the current recommendations. It is the responsible thing to do - for others safety as well as my own. Apart from the permitted hour exercise time I have not left my home environs for weeks now - and my exercise time is usually about 5:30am when there is no one else around.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:40 AM

I am trying to follow the rules but not being obsessive about it.

Some of the 'rules' don't make sense and are stupid, as with the Derbyshire Police fining 2 friends who had travelled to meet & go a walk. They were hurting nobody at all and then the police pounce on them for having a picnic (a drink of tea in a takeaway cup)

However - I happen to live in Derbyshire - the county with the manic police force so I have to be careful!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 10:49 AM

Hi

What I do not want to happen is having to be taken in by ambulance and having to wait for hours.

I simply will not survive that.

I am being very serious about isolating.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Had no visitors for months
Getting to the point Id welcome Jehovah witnesses in
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:53 AM

yes, cant do much really as everything except essential shops are closed. I do my exercise, go to work, go to dads, shop and thats it.

There are some people who refuse to wear a mask that make me feel really cross, im talking about the idiots, not the ones with breathing difficulties but then my nieces partner has cystic fibrosis and he wears a mask!

Everyone should take it seriously because it is serious.

For us all to do our bit, staying as safe as possible is to show common decency, shame we have to put up with the idiots, we do our bit to keep them safe as well as ourself but they don't return the favour.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Had no visitors for months
Getting to the point Id welcome Jehovah witnesses in
There's a 'Kingdom Hall' not far from me - give me your address and I'll let them know!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

10-01-2021, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
yes, cant do much really as everything except essential shops are closed. I do my exercise, go to work, go to dads, shop and thats it.

There are some people who refuse to wear a mask that make me feel really cross, im talking about the idiots, not the ones with breathing difficulties but then my nieces partner has cystic fibrosis and he wears a mask!

Everyone should take it seriously because it is serious.

For us all to do our bit, staying as safe as possible is to show common decency, shame we have to put up with the idiots, we do our bit to keep them safe as well as ourself but they don't return the favour.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There's a 'Kingdom Hall' not far from me - give me your address and I'll let them know!
Im not just yet ready for the full frontal assault not until I get the Beelzebub door knocker

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top