Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 12:18 PM

Re: Lockdown.

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Most of us obey the rules. Fines have been imposed on some who dared to drive five or six miles from their homes for a walk with the dog. Naughty, Naughty people.
Yet we read in today's paper of a seal being taken 400 miles from Sunderland to Hastings in East Sussex.
I wonder what Dominic Cummings thinks of this?
Actually only 340 miles Ben...
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 02:43 PM

I saw on the news today, beaches and parks swarming with people not even wearing masks, all the morons gathered together, we've not been out and about and to be truthful it doesn't bother me...in this wintry weather I don't want to go out....I get my shopping delivered... I know there are some who like to walk ,jog or run most days...can't they stop and think of the thousands and thousands of people young and old who will never again have that choice, and maybe one day, because of their selfish acts...it could be them
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:49 AM

maybe one day, because of their selfish acts...it could be them
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 09:11 AM

Where I live we had very few with the virus I've just read that in my little area alone we have 39 people tested positive . I know of one young 30 ish year old man seriously ill in a coma in our local hospital and another 40 ish fit healthy gas engineer who said he had never felt so unwell in his life . I'm now worried about going out to shop which I only do every 7 days anyway .

In Bournemouth there was trouble at the weekend with protesters no masks and causing rioting
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I saw on the news today, beaches and parks swarming with people not even wearing masks, all the morons gathered together, we've not been out and about and to be truthful it doesn't bother me...in this wintry weather I don't want to go out....I get my shopping delivered... I know there are some who like to walk ,jog or run most days...can't they stop and think of the thousands and thousands of people young and old who will never again have that choice, and maybe one day, because of their selfish acts...it could be them

I agree with you about the crowds of irresponsible people flouting the rules paula, but I must take issue with you about the solitary runners and walkers. Your greatest defence against the virus, apart from the vaccine, is keeping fit and getting plenty of Vitamin D from the sunshine. A lone walker or runner out in the fresh air has no risk of catching the virus or passing it on, who would they pass it on to? On my visits to the local hospital I notice that a large percentage of the patients are either overweight or unfit. That's not to say that a fit average weight person does not require treatment for some unavoidable illness, like myself who has suffered two heart attacks that could have been fatal had I not spent most of my life running, keeping fit, and eating healthily. But from my observations, the obese and unfit outnumber the healthy people and it is these people who put such a strain on the NHS, including the people who fail to even go out for a regular walk.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

I agree with you about the crowds of irresponsible people flouting the rules paula, but I must take issue with you about the solitary runners and walkers. Your greatest defence against the virus, apart from the vaccine, is keeping fit and getting plenty of Vitamin D from the sunshine. A lone walker or runner out in the fresh air has no risk of catching the virus or passing it on, who would they pass it on to? On my visits to the local hospital I notice that a large percentage of the patients are either overweight or unfit. That's not to say that a fit average weight person does not require treatment for some unavoidable illness, like myself who has suffered two heart attacks that could have been fatal had I not spent most of my life running, keeping fit, and eating healthily. But from my observations, the obese and unfit outnumber the healthy people and it is these people who put such a strain on the NHS, including the people who fail to even go out for a regular walk.
Hi

Exactly OGF.

I obey most of the rules.

There is one I cannot,

I need frequent walks, medical advice is once an hour for 10 minutes.

I have sometimes angina attacks when doing this, no gtreat shakes. stop, sit down and take my GTN Spray.

I wear a mask and gloves at all times.

I need a mass of paperwork with me to ensure I am not fined for sitting down.

They do sod all about the local druggies.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-01-2021, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Exactly OGF.

I obey most of the rules.

There is one I cannot,

I need frequent walks, medical advice is once an hour for 10 minutes.

I have sometimes angina attacks when doing this, no gtreat shakes. stop, sit down and take my GTN Spray.

I wear a mask and gloves at all times.

I need a mass of paperwork with me to ensure I am not fined for sitting down.

They do sod all about the local druggies.
That's brilliant advice Swim, and it will have you back on the road to recovery in no time.
Just manage what you can for now, because once the better weather arrives it will be hard to keep you indoors....All the best mate!...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top