Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:33 AM

Re: Do you wash?

I only wash fruit but I did that before the pandemic.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:38 AM

No, just wash hands after handling . I open hundreds of letters a day at work, i cant wash them, again I make sure I sanitise and hand-wash regularly.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:42 AM

It's good to see that some others don't wash their shopping because I don't either! I wash fruit but have always done that. I wash my hands regularly and sanitise them. Any parcels that I receive go into 'social isolation' for a few days before I open them. Letters are opened straightaway and then hands washed thoroughly.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:44 AM

I take delivery of my shopping on a sheet just inside the garage door.
Dry good are quarantined in a large box in the garage for 72 hours.
...anything that can be washed or wiped is,
..salad /veg/ etc are removed from packing and placed in a plastic bag (washed and reused) or put in a cupboard in the garage then washed when used.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:46 AM

I think some of you will die of exhaustion rather than the virus!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
No, just wash hands after handling . I open hundreds of letters a day at work, i cant wash them, again I make sure I sanitise and hand-wash regularly.
I've read that the risk from paper is virtually zero. It's too porous to sustain the virus for any significant time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've read that the risk from paper is virtually zero. It's too porous to sustain the virus for any significant time.
thats good to know because its on my mind all the time at work. Thanks Annie x
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:59 AM

If something is going into the fridge or freezer for a few days I don't bother. Similarly dry goods are left in a holding area for a few days and gloves are worn and hands are washed after handling anything from outside (just in case).

I don't bother with washing fruit and veg any more. They don't get eaten right away and when they are they have a wash or peel.

I do spray the front and back page of the newspaper before reading which is OTT given that paper doesn't sustain the bug, but still do it as the pandemic has created ODC nuttiness in my head.

I think the main thing is to always wash your hands after handling anything that isn't with you for 3-4 days (or hasn't been washed). It's the same logic as I apply to petting animals. That's a long ingrained habit as they carry all sorts of bugs.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No l don’t!
I do make sure l wash my hands regularly. Which l have always done anyway, even before the virus.
I do always wash fruit too.

I have also started to keep my reading glasses on when out and in the supermarket to help stop getting the virus in my eyes. I can’t exactly cover them with the mask!
Tried that Art, broke my nose walking into the fresh fish display cabinet.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
So did I!.....
Saucy!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top