Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:30 PM

Re: Do you wash?

Originally Posted by carol ->
Your shopping!

I have been ticked off by a friend because I put my shopping straight away when I've been to the supermarket.

Friend washes all his shopping with hot soapy water & clean towel before putting it away - even frozen food.

I wondered if anybody else washed their shopping & ought I to start?
Nah, I couldn't be bothered with all that lark.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 05:38 PM

So how does he dry out his toilet and kitchen rolls after washing them with hot soapy water, and what does he do with his frozen food after it has defrosted in the hot soapy water? Does that include his fresh veg as well such as cauliflower, Broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms and the like?

I have never heard such utter claptrap in all my life.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=PooBear;2016931]So how does he dry out his toilet and kitchen rolls after washing them with hot soapy water, and what does he do with his frozen food after it has defrosted in the hot soapy water? Does that include his fresh veg as well such as cauliflower, Broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms and the like?

I have never heard such utter claptrap in all my life.[/QUOTE

PooBear, you will be surprised what some people do with their shopping, as in washing it, ......]

I have seen a woman washing a chicken in washing up liquid, another cleans their products in bleach, I kid you not.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Does anyone disinfect their mobile phone, computer keyboard and mouse, tv remote, and telephone, car keys?
These are all things we touch frequently.

When I get home I always wash my hands thoroughly, plus my face incase I may have germs from the mask, and I give my nose a good blow too, just incase I've inhaled anything.

As for shopping, no, I admit I don't wash all the bags and containers.
Mups, The following is said in the nicest way.......Why do l need to disinfect all the things you list?
Ok maybe, the car keys and even the car steering wheel and credit cards but l don’t understand the need to clean the other things that never leave my house.
I think we need to think more about building up our immune system than become neurotic and OCD about everything else.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, The following is said in the nicest way.......Why do l need to disinfect all the things you list?
Ok maybe, the car keys and even the car steering wheel and credit cards but l don’t understand the need to clean the other things that never leave my house.
I think we need to think more about building up our immune system than become neurotic and OCD about everything else.
Unfortunately, some medication lowers the immune system,

I wash a few groceries, I don’t disinfect anything ,only my floors , door handles and surfaces.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=pauline3;2016950]
Originally Posted by PooBear ->
So how does he dry out his toilet and kitchen rolls after washing them with hot soapy water, and what does he do with his frozen food after it has defrosted in the hot soapy water? Does that include his fresh veg as well such as cauliflower, Broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms and the like?

I have never heard such utter claptrap in all my life.[/QUOTE

PooBear, you will be surprised what some people do with their shopping, as in washing it, ......]

I have seen a woman washing a chicken in washing up liquid, another cleans their products in bleach, I kid you not.
It simply beggars belief.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Unfortunately, some medication lowers the immune system,

I wash a few groceries, I don’t disinfect anything ,only my floors , door handles and surfaces.
...and unfortunately, Pauline, some people don’t eat good wholesome food and vegetables to build up their immune system..
Their ‘wholesome’ diet exists of a ready meal or a Ginster’s pastie bunged in a microwave!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

10-01-2021, 07:14 PM

...and unfortunately, Pauline, some people don’t eat good wholesome food and vegetables to build up their immune system..
Their ‘wholesome’ diet exists of a ready meal or a Ginster’s pastie bunged in a microwave!

Very true, I think this fast food, causes some cancers as well, I’m about to make some butternut squash and pepper soup, with homemade cheese scones.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 07:37 PM

A lot of the advice that is out there regarding the virus and it's effects on food packaging and other materials and surfaces is based in my opinion on scientific research done on the winter flu. There is decades of research on the winter flu and how it can spread to others but there is NO effective research done with covid-19 because there just has not been enough time to research how the virus spreads to others when it comes to handling things. The only research experts can fall back on is that of the winter flu because both viruses are very similar in symptoms, just that one is more deadlier than the other.

Hence why the experts say that on some surfaces, the virus can stay present for 3 days, others a few hours, others 24 to 72 hrs. This advice falls inline with the same advice given about the winter flu.

Therefore I am curious to know, those of you who are cleaning the food packaging, how many of you cleaned your food packaging prior to covid-19? because catching the winter flu is just as deadly, it kills approximately 20,000 to 44,000 people in the UK every year (official stats on government website). Warehouse workers, delivery drivers and other shop staff can have the winter flu, cough all over the products and I bet no one cleaned the products when getting them home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 11:36 PM

Art, I don't clean all those things every day, I'm not that bad.
Sometimes when I am out, my mobile might ring, or I might need to make a call or send a text, so when I get home I give the casing a quick wipe over as I had been using it while outside and with unwashed hands.

I wipe my mouse and keyboard over occasionally anyway, even before Covid, as I do my landline phone too.

I do however wet-wipe my ignition key, steering wheel, and handbrake, as I would have been handling things in shops, and not washed my hands yet.
It's hardly a days work, it only takes a few seconds.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top