Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 02:31 AM

Re: What is your absolute greatest fear?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
99% of fear is fantasy.
Hi

Written by someone who has never been under artillery fire or captured and tortured.

Someone who has never had her eyelids taped open so she has had to watch her kids being raped.

Real life is not like your social bubble Annie.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 03:10 AM

My BH dying first.And heights.I'm OK on something natural but a building,no thank you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
My biggest fear happened when my wife died.
I'm so terribly sorry.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
My BH dying first.And heights.I'm OK on something natural but a building,no thank you.
So you haven't been to the top of Eureka Tower then PS ? Me neither!..The roof top BBQ area on one of those big St Kilda terraces is about my limit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 07:41 AM

Not sure, there are many to chose from, being fearful and not being able to remember why may be uncomfortable.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
99% of fear is fantasy.
You have no idea at all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 07:53 AM

Fear is an important factor when defining a Human Being.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Written by someone who has never been under artillery fire or captured and tortured.

Someone who has never had her eyelids taped open so she has had to watch her kids being raped.

Real life is not like your social bubble Annie.
I'm sure she will correct me if I'm wrong but I think perhaps these extreme situations are not what Annie was referring to. More the every day things that some people fear and others don't..heights..spiders..snakes,,flying... I myself have never faced artillery fire. I've never been captured an tortured and I've never had to watch my child being abused. Nobody should have to go through that. But, as you have pointed out, they do. I have been in some horrific situations too but I choose not to talk about them here. I have gained the impression from your posts that you have experienced some very tough situations yourself and have many scars. Emotional and physical. I am very sorry you have been through that. I have also noticed that you have consistently received many kind and supportive words from the members here. And that is a good thing. With all that in mind I have to say that Annie didn't deserve what she got from you back there. She was just expressing an opinion like you frequently do. I think she deserves an apology. Of course this is just my humble opinion.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-01-2021, 07:59 AM

Same her Keezoy, no of us for sure, know we are right about anything, life is a guessing game.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Mine is spiders. Well, to be honest, any creepy crawlers give me the heebie-jeebies.

My most awful experience was when I stood on a stool to get to my baking dishes on the upper shelf.

As I pulled out the tins I saw two hairy front bits and then the eyes emerged over the edge and I came eyeball to eyeball with a spider. I could see the hairs on his legs (jikes).

Of course, being me, I screamed and jumped and well, so did he or she. I didn’t care by that stage. I landed on the floor cushioned by my adequate bottom and just screamed as I looked for it.

My son came to me aid (whilst laughing) and found the tiny bugger in the fruit bowl on the counter. He took the frightful sod outside whilst I nursed my sore bottom! It wasn’t tiny to me. The thing was massive!

What’s your greatest fear?
Funny story but for those of us with the same fear a scary one too. I have tried my best to overcome my fear especially when the kids were small I tried to be brave and set a good example but unfortunately I'm still terrified of spiders...they just move so quickly dont they and all those legs........shudders

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top