Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 09:54 PM

Re: Do you have a strong accent?

Originally Posted by Minx ->
But you’re a Kiwi.

Watch this the presenter is South African

very good.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Welsh accent and proud of it.

Quite right too - the Welsh accents are lovely.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 10:20 PM

But if you prefer Fox, I’ll switch
Anyone can switch, nowadays.

But you may have problems if you try to use the changing rooms/toilets, of the other side!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 10:25 PM

Ey up! Think on soft lass, tha’ll get a clip rahnd lug’oil if tha’ carries on like this, tha' knows. ‘Appen ah’ll quit this mitherin’ if tha' buys mi a Landlord.

If you can't work that out, I'll tell you: it's Welsh.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 10:41 PM

Hampshire lady here, but for some reason I find some Hampshire people,very difficult to understand....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:41 PM

Square middle Australian. Some people say I sound like SCOMO. Maybe but I'm not a Liberal (as in the party).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcRD...hannel=SBSNews
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:27 AM

All these nuances are so interesting. I've been pulling up clips of each and learning quite a bit. In researching my own accent, I found that the southern accents more than any other here in the US retained British influences.

Minx, I asked a friend, and she said I sound like Andy McDowell in "Four Weddings and a Funeral," especially the way I draw out "I do," but I don't know what she is talking about in that regard.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:29 AM

I’m reading your comment trying to imagine your accent
I also have a funny voice, when I hear myself I wonder if that really is me, I don't sound how I hear myself.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
All these nuances are so interesting. I've been pulling up clips of each and learning quite a bit. In researching my own accent, I found that the southern accents more than any other here in the US retained British influences.

Minx, I asked a friend, and she said I sound like Andy McDowell in "Four Weddings and a Funeral," especially the way I draw out "I do," but I don't know what she is talking about in that regard.
I know what she means SM. The Texan accent is a good one. In some areas like West Texas, it sounds a little Australian. But the closer to Louisiana you get the more well..Louisiana it sounds. But the closest accent to Australian I heard in the US was in Boston. How they pronounce words like "car" or "order" It's probably the common Irish influence. Then in some parts of London I swore I was hearing somebody from Australia.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Hahaha. That’s so cute.

I’ve got a Canadian accent eh.

PS..... I absolutely love British, Scottish, Irish and Welsh accents. They are the nicest accents

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top