Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:05 PM

Re: Vaccinating Celebs

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Why dont the post office just deliver everyone a syringe full of the good stuff ffs
That would be good, xirrpy!

We could just hold out our arm, as the Postie goes by, and get injected en passant!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:25 PM

I think the majority of postal workers are off self isolating so that could take a while.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
That would be good, xirrpy!

We could just hold out our arm, as the Postie goes by, and get injected en passant!

Right get a petition going- Hope this doest class me as a wannabe celeb
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Sorry Dex, I'm confused with your post (head mash).

Yes I agree with the BIB - but not sure if your 'No' means 'No, they shouldn't pay/donate even if they get it free on the NHS'.
No problem.Pesta. The cost of the vaccine itself is (I think) somewhere between £8 and £30, depending on the supplier. Not sure whether that's per jab or per 2 jab treatment. The staff involved in administering it, including the admin behind it, will also be getting paid.

If someone is paying privately, then they will be paying for these costs directly. So, the NHS will not be picking up the tab.

Geddit now?

The only moral question is whether those who pay for the vaccine are jumping the queue for their dose of this (currently) rare commodity.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
No they pay their taxes like everyone else...The NHS is there for everyone and remember the more you earn the more taxes you pay. As someone else said they are using their influence to encourage others to follow suit...thats commendable.
this
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 02:47 PM

Apart from Her Maj and Sir Hands-behind-his back, I have not heard of any celebs or even so called celebs getting the vaccine.
Perhaps I missed Captain (Honourary Major) Tom getting his.

Spare doses are being diverted to the elderly/most vulnerable rather than being used for the next group down the vulnerability chain. This makes more sense than selling/giving it to someone less vulnerable.

The three currently available vaccines cost different amounts, and the logistics/transport, and admin costs are different for each vaccine as well.

If someone is buying vaccine to have it done privately, I would assume the overall cost is taken into account.

If celebs are doing it to encourage others to do it, then great, but seeing a teenage health worker or a 106 year-old woman receiving the jab should be enough encouragement on its own.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 03:00 PM

We are not wealthy but we would have willingly donated some notes in a collection box if the Medical Centre had one last Saturday when we had our jabs.

I'm sure a few others would have done the same, if it saves lives that is more than worth it and also a help to the economy.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 03:22 PM

There is an awful lot going on behind the scenes regarding vaccines that tends not to reach the media.

The head GP of our health group, the practice manager, and the practice Pharmacist, and a bunch of nurses spent the last bank holiday weekend and New Years Day itself injecting folks around local care homes so it didn't interrupt the normal weekday operation of the surgery and jabs at vaccination centres.

To my mind, these unsung heroes are the real celebrities.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
There is an awful lot going on behind the scenes regarding vaccines that tends not to reach the media.

The head GP of our health group, the practice manager, and the practice Pharmacist, and a bunch of nurses spent the last bank holiday weekend and New Years day itself injecting folks around local care homes so it didn't interrupt the normal weekday operation of the surgery and jabs at vaccination centres.

To my mind, these unsung heroes are the real celebrities.
Agreed.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2021, 03:47 PM

As long as the "celebs" like Ester Ratbag, et al are in their 80s, I've absolutely no objection to them getting their jabs for free on the NHS. She goes above and beyond in her support of us oldies.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top