Join for free
Page 17 of 30 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:32 AM

Re: Should I do it?

30 years on I have to visit that street maybe 3 times a week, it is now calm and serene, makes you wonder if you were dreaming.

Houses don't make or break a neighbourhood, people do!!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not if you made it a double garage and got rid of part of the hedge. Could be part outhouse part garage. Just trying to think of win-win even though I know you've made your mind up
That's a really good idea Annie and yes it would work.

It's the cost though. I don't know how much a new double garage would cost and we would lose a big part of the garden which isn't very long to start with.

And to do that all because of bully boy? Nah - he's not worth it. I'll stick with the bollard.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's a really good idea Annie and yes it would work.

It's the cost though. I don't know how much a new double garage would cost and we would lose a big part of the garden which isn't very long to start with.

And to do that all because of bully boy? Nah - he's not worth it. I'll stick with the bollard.
Yes Carol, the cost of an architect to do the plans, the cost of getting planning permission, then the cost of building it plus the inconvenience of the mess and upheaval of building it.

Nah, scrub that idea!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:20 AM

I want to see this bollard when it’s installed, then we care compare, who has the best one😂🤣😅
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I want to see this bollard when it’s installed, then we care compare, who has the best one😂🤣😅

There could be a good joke made out of that ...but l won’t go there!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:23 AM

Hi

Yes you should.

I have put a chain across mine.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There could be a good joke made out of that ...but l won’t go there!!

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes you should.

I have put a chain across mine.

That’s a very good idea...pretty strong as well.i never thought of that...would it be cheaper than a bollard?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:32 AM

Have you had any hassle from your neighbours over it swimmy?

Hi Pauline - yes I will show a picture if it in place but it will be nothing like yours. For a start, the man is going to make it himself. He told me if he makes one he knows it will be strong & do the job.

We shall see.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Have you had any hassle from your neighbours over it swimmy?

Hi Pauline - yes I will show a picture if it in place but it will be nothing like yours. For a start, the man is going to make it himself. He told me if he makes one he knows it will be strong & do the job.

We shall see.

Carol, that strikes me as quite odd.
I had a feeling they have to be crash tested to be legal, but I might be wrong.

How did you find this chap? Is he reputable? Do you know any other of his customers?
Has you got a price for his home-made bollard?

Also, do you know a proper, legal bollard from a dodgy one? If not, I would do a lot of homework before you pay him!

See if this is any help. It may or may not be, you decide:

https://www.atgaccess.com/news/insig...y-bollard-tips

If you get it wrong, your neighbour could be on you like a ton of bricks!

Page 17 of 30 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top