Join for free
Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:58 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Let us know what you decide, Carol.....I also understand how trying this neighbour has been to you.....think on it as I’m sure you will do.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Ask again. Use of caltrops on your property is NOT illegal especially if combined with a gate of some sort.
I already have asked.....this was a police officer, ..........not a member of a forum......

Carol, can make her own enquires.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I already have asked.....this was a police officer, ..........not a member of a forum......

Carol, can make her own enquires.
Google it.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 05:05 PM

Dont be an idiot.
Laugh it off.
Treat it like a small tax for living in peace
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-01-2021, 05:56 PM

Google it.

I don’t need to google it, I got it from the “ horses mouth” so to speak....so in no doubt whatsoever.......she’d be liable.

Which for some reason you disagree with....fine...I have no probs with that....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I don’t need to google it, I got it from the “ horses mouth” so to speak....so in no doubt whatsoever.......she’d be liable.

Which for some reason you disagree with....fine...I have no probs with that....
A typical plod has very little knowledge of the law, especially in areas such as this.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-01-2021, 06:11 PM

A typical plod has very little knowledge of the law, especially in areas such as this.

...yeah right!......
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-01-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Dont be an idiot.
Laugh it off.
Treat it like a small tax for living in peace

I absolutely agree. So the guy uses your drive in order to reverse easier?

SO WHAT?

What is the cost of him doing so? Or is it a case of being a dog in a manger?

"It's MINE so even though it costs me nothing KEEP OFF"?

Some things just ain't worth the the cost of getting your tights in a twist over.

Or use caltrops on your property assuming it is your property and you own the freehold. They ARE legal. Check out the UK arms act, I just did.

Sorted.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:27 PM

I've already decided on a foldable, lockable bollard & a tradesman is coming to fit it next week.

Maybe I am imagining the worst case scenario here.

A couple of weeks after the massive row we had with bully boy when all had gone quiet & returned to normal - I saw him on his doorstep having a smoke.

He was ignoring me as I walked past so I went straight up to him & asked him if he had anymore threats he'd like to make to me.

He never said a word - just threw his fag down & went in the house...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-01-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've already decided on a foldable, lockable bollard & a tradesman is coming to fit it next week.

Maybe I am imagining the worst case scenario here.

A couple of weeks after the massive row we had with bully boy when all had gone quiet & returned to normal - I saw him on his doorstep having a smoke.

He was ignoring me as I walked past so I went straight up to him & asked him if he had anymore threats he'd like to make to me.

He never said a word - just threw his fag down & went in the house...

So why on earth stir up trouble?

Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top