Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 07:55 PM

-The Rain

Hi

Went into hospital today througth the Town Centre, car parks being closed and barriers being put up.

Came back via the bypass, 7 miles longer.

It is now hammering down, sandbags out and roads flooded.

Gardens under water and now isolated
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:00 PM

Re: -The Rain

Sounds hectic. Glad to hear that you reached home safely. Hope the hospital visit went well! Take care
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:30 PM

yeah Swimmy, at this rate you'll be swimming it. Seriously though, the rain is supposed to get so bad in some areas, I feel really sorry for people who live in areas that gets flooded. I'm high up so we don't really get flooded up here thankfully, well, nothing to right home about anyway. Stay safe and warm.

Hope hospital app went ok x
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Went into hospital today througth the Town Centre, car parks being closed and barriers being put up.

Came back via the bypass, 7 miles longer.

It is now hammering down, sandbags out and roads flooded.

Gardens under water and now isolated
Good you didn't have to stay in hospital SF. Keep warm and dry.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 05:10 PM

Glad you're back home safe and sound. Stay safe and keep warm.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 07:53 PM

It's rained solidly for almost three days now up here again. Severe flooding in parts including the proposed land for building in Mirfield which was four-foot deep in water last year. No lessons being learned (again). Flood warnings in place again for the third year running in Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd as the Calder threatens to break its banks if the rain keeps on as it is.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:05 PM

I must admit I've been in cloud cuckoo land today.
I've done nothing but play my CDs loudly and sit on my backside with the laptop. So consequentially, I've not listened to the radio (TV goes in the evening) to hear any news or weather reports. But, I'm aware it's been slamming it down as I've taken a bit of time out to watch next door's gutter through the window spewing out.

Until I put the local news and national news on TV, I had no idea it's flooding in various areas my way.
We have a stream in the Close, directly opposite so I opened the front door to see if I could hear it (too dark to see it) as previously it's been quite noisy when it's raged along.

Gawd, nothing like the last time.... it's absolutely raging along. - SO loud it's quite frightening.
I fear the 3 bungalows with it at the bottom of their gardens, might have most of their gardens completely under water, if not up to their doors.

I think they said up to £3,000 homes could be affected tonight and to stay alert.
Poor souls, I bet none of those in the path of any flood warning will be able to relax tonight and tomorrow
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Severe flooding in parts including the proposed land for building in Mirfield
I've been to Mirfield today. I didn't see any flooding, but the river looked awfully high as I went through Dewsbury.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:22 PM

Pouring down cats and dogs here, fortunately there is no sign of flooding in our area.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:27 PM

Fast and furious snow here now. And, the brook's still raging along.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top