Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 11:26 PM

Re: Poor Melania!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
that's the feeling I get Annie

Me too.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I was nearly not going to comment on this at all. Still don't much to say but this. For whatever she is or isn't; and I do not wish her ill at all, I Melania Trump would be about 320,000,000 th on the list of people..men or women in the USA that I would think "OH the poor thing" about. If she did good work for children, that's good. THere's literally millions of Americans that do that. THat's all. If I feel more for any other member of the Trump family it is his son, Baron. I suspect that is one very lonely and damaged young man. He always looks so sad. Maybe he isn't. I don't know.
I don't have any reason to suspect that, Keezoy. All the children of former Presidents say that they considered the experience to be formative in a very positive way. As for his appearing happy, I don't know a lot of fourteen-year-old boys who would be overjoyed about being in front of national cameras .

Trump did state that Baron was unhappy with the Covid restrictions because he missed being with his classmates and soccer buddies. He shares that feeling with every other teenager out there.

Wisely and admirably, the Trumps, like the Obamas, were extremely protective about their children, so we know almost nothing about Baron. That tradition of the children of the Presidents as being hands-off to the press is an excellent one.

On a side note, it is a subject of interest that the only of the Presidents' children to attend public school was Amy Carter. The others have been enrolled in private schools, including Baron.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some women like powerful men even if it means tolerating a loud mouthed orange faced narcissist who doesn't have any manners.
There's still hope for Longdogs then
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:09 AM

I know nothing about her other than pieces in the news but she certainly lacks the charisma and presence of Michelle Obama.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I don't have any reason to suspect that, Keezoy. All the children of former Presidents say that they considered the experience to be formative in a very positive way. As for his appearing happy, I don't know a lot of fourteen-year-old boys who would be overjoyed about being in front of national cameras .

Trump did state that Baron was unhappy with the Covid restrictions because he missed being with his classmates and soccer buddies. He shares that feeling with every other teenager out there.

Wisely and admirably, the Trumps, like the Obamas, were extremely protective about their children, so we know almost nothing about Baron. That tradition of the children of the Presidents as being hands-off to the press is an excellent one.

On a side note, it is a subject of interest that the only of the Presidents' children to attend public school was Amy Carter. The others have been enrolled in private schools, including Baron.

As I said I could be and am always happy to be wrong.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I know nothing about her other than pieces in the news but she certainly lacks the charisma and presence of Michelle Obama.
Michelle Obama came to Britain to lecture British mainly black school girls on being themselves stand up to oppression etc etc as if London was some redneck town in Alabama .
At least Melania spared us that interference
Melanie has no apparent charisma she is a beautiful woman who has traded her body for the prestige and privilege of being a billionaires wife happens all the time.
For a girl form a concrete block in Slovakia she has done brilliantly.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 08:37 AM

Nothing more nothing less, its easy to read too much into something, or maybe not?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 08:56 AM

I don't think she ever wanted to be first lady she already had a full and happy life from what I can see. She stood by her husband though and let's face it she always looked immaculate....I expect now she is happy to be out of the limelight...
I liked her she had no pretence about her.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:07 AM

I don't think George Bush's wife did much as First Lady either, or Carters or George Bush Snr for that matter. I think some First Ladies want to be involved and others don't - I suppose its their choice at the end of the day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dextrous63 ->
there's still hope for longdogs then

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top