Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:14 PM

Re: Why do people do this

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am really interested in how animals think.

I wonder what goes through these abused animals minds?
Maybe if they have been ill-treated one way or another all their life, they don't know any better. Yet in the right hands, they still trust us.

I shall never understand.
If people don't want an animal, or don't like them, just don't have one in the first place.
Surely thats simple enough?
Yes, you would think so. But life isn't always like that. The initial in this thread is but one example, a horrid one at that. And I'm sure you, and others, have heard of similar.

One that sticks in my mind and was close to home. I came across a guy who was walking his dog on our usual route. His dog had large areas with no skin. I asked. His wife (ex?) had deliberately scalded the poor dog. Badly.

As you rightly commented, that dog still trusted his master.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:27 PM

Re: Why do people do this

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am really interested in how animals think.

I wonder what goes through these abused animals minds?
Maybe if they have been ill-treated one way or another all their life, they don't know any better. Yet in the right hands, they still trust again.

I shall never understand.
If people don't want an animal, or don't like them, just don't have one in the first place.
Surely thats simple enough?
Actually, some good friends of ours own a rescue cat which exhibits a memory of its earlier mistreatment.

It is often calm and well behaved but, compared to our two cats which are friendly, trusting and loving, it can become fierce without warning and inexplicably. It has clearly learnt not to completely trust anyone, even its new loving owners.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top