Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:43 AM

Re: A life changing moment

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aw Tiff that is so sad...
At the time it was sad, but things did go back to normal. He found me when he was grown up as well.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 11:45 AM

There have been so many most of them unpleasant...
Possibly the worst was my husband having a stroke three weeks after our son was born . The stroke left him partially paralyzed and was the result of an injury he initially received when serving in the Army in Northern Ireland.
We lost the business we had just set up and our home.

What did I do, got on with things, first finding somewhere to live . I took the Yellow pages and telephone anyone I thought might have an empty cottage and a wonderful lady who owned an estate in Dorset where we were living at the time had a derelict farm cottage which I rented for some months to give me breathing space.
No one had lived in the cottage for years , I scrubbed every floor with bleach and scythed a path through the knee high grass outside and settled in with my baby visiting my unconscious husband in Dorchester hospital every day.

Things were never the same, now years later I have reached a time of peace at last
Meg, you put my problem to shame. You are a very brave person.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 06:37 AM

That's extraordinary, Meg! I've always recognized fortitude in you, but I had no idea how that came about. You must have an incredible sense of self-reliance and accomplishment. It's nice to know that you have so much relaxation and peace.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 09:41 AM

There have been so many most of them unpleasant...
Possibly the worst was my husband having a stroke three weeks after our son was born . The stroke left him partially paralyzed and was the result of an injury he initially received when serving in the Army in Northern Ireland.
We lost the business we had just set up and our home.

What did I do, got on with things, first finding somewhere to live . I took the Yellow pages and telephone anyone I thought might have an empty cottage and a wonderful lady who owned an estate in Dorset where we were living at the time had a derelict farm cottage which I rented for some months to give me breathing space.
No one had lived in the cottage for years , I scrubbed every floor with bleach and scythed a path through the knee high grass outside and settled in with my baby visiting my unconscious husband in Dorchester hospital every day.

Things were never the same, now years later I have reached a time of peace at last
Blimey Meg.....I'm in awe. We all have a story to tell and yours is amazing. What a strong woman you are.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top