Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 05:53 PM

Pulse Oximitor.

Hi

Simple, cheap and effective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55733527

I have had one for sometime.

They do work.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 05:55 PM

Re: Pulse Oximitor.

Agree.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 05:58 PM

I was given one for Christmas along with an Infrared Forehead thermometer..
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:46 PM

I've had mine for a few years as well as a nebuliser and oxygen concentrator all of which were put to very good use when the horrid Chinese virus came and smote my wife and myself. That lot together with my methasone inhaler saw us through to come out the other side.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:48 PM

yes, i've had one for a few years
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:51 PM

off topic but how are you swimmy?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
off topic but how are you swimmy?
Hi

Officially dying, nothing more they can do.

That is not going to happen however, I am an awkward sod.

I do not die easily.

I am at home, with the right equipment and drugs and intelligent enouth to self monitor and a contact number to alter my drugs.

The only problem is by favourite hobby of watching Nicole Kidman flashing her bits.

That sets off my alarms.

I can take it.

I am not going in, I would be in ITU and surrounded by Covid Patients at high risk of infection.

That is not going to happen
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I've had mine for a few years as well as a nebuliser and oxygen concentrator all of which were put to very good use when the horrid Chinese virus came and smote my wife and myself. That lot together with my methasone inhaler saw us through to come out the other side.

Gosh LongDriver, you have my sympathies.

Good to hear both you and your wife saw the virus off and hope you are both fully recovered.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Gosh LongDriver, you have my sympathies.

Good to hear both you and your wife saw the virus off and hope you are both fully recovered.
Yes thanks, we are reasonably fine now, but there are still some after effects such as breathlessness for my wife and that is usual for me as I've put up with that for years from my COPD/asthma. We were unable to definitively tested by NHS routes, so we paid for private antibody testing with the results, positive, we've both had the virus with definite antibodies. That test was at least 6 months ago so I do wonder if we still have any left :shrug:
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:24 PM

I bought one of those Pulse Oximitors and my left hand gives a reading in the nineties but my right hand gives a reading in the eighties. Is this common or is the oximitor faulty? I know the reading should be in the upper nineties.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top