Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 05:10 PM

A blistering hot Friday afternoon!!

Tropical cyclone storm Eloise is heading our way! Might get the tail end of it so I’m enjoying the sun and the pool this afternoon.

Adios! Nursing a Gin and tonic by the pool (alcohol prohibition during lockdown)

What’s your plans for the afternoon OFF members?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 05:42 PM

Re: A blistering hot Friday afternoon!!

Hi Minx. My afternoon was a lot more active than yours.
I went a walk to a local castle ruin with my daughter. 5 hilly & sludgy miles. I enjoyed it though.

Just got back - ready for a rest now.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:08 PM

Oh, I do envy you! It's rainy and cool here this morning.

I checked the track, and though I'm not sure exactly where you are, it looks like Mozambique will get the worst of it. Hopefully you will just see some cooling winds and rain.

We have been seeing an uptick of tropical storms and hurricanes here in number and strength in the last few years. Have you?

Enjoy your relaxation! Cheers!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 06:12 PM

So jealous! We are all busy doing nothing.... not by choice
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 07:54 PM

well an early tesco delivery (1 hour early) and a new telephone system arrived, but it needs 16 hours to charge everything up, and it was my turn to cook dinner and get the trail cameras out in the garden, and it was freezing cold, just wait till its oour summer minxey
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:01 PM

Oh I too am so jealous. It's very cold here and its been rainy and miserable. Visited my dear old Dad this lunchtime then called on a friend to give her a birthday present but we had to stand outside and it was freezing brrrrrrrrrr.

I'd give anything to be in your shoes right now and jump in that pool. Our local gym pool is closed because of lockdown and I'm tearing my hair out, I want to go so bad.

Just got back from taking my old doggie for a little walk, he can't walk far because of his condition unfortunately.

Haven't done anything else today, I'm about to keep myself busy now by playing scrabble online and then I'm going to design some graphics to make for my online personalized gift shop. My favourite pastime right now.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Tropical cyclone storm Eloise is heading our way! Might get the tail end of it so I’m enjoying the sun and the pool this afternoon.

Adios! Nursing a Gin and tonic by the pool (alcohol prohibition during lockdown)

What’s your plans for the afternoon OFF members?
Not a lot. Strolled the dogs by the Roman Ridge. Met a few (at 2.0 m distance) including a St Bernard's. Sunshine here but frosty rather than your cyclone.

If you don't mind, can you remind me which area of SA? Aphasia is still a problem for me but improving.
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

22-01-2021, 09:44 PM

we had a bit of winter sun today so made most of it and done some garden weeding etc...not very exciting but hey ho lol.roll on summer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:45 PM

I'm making a large cupboard , so it's early doors for me.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Not a lot. Strolled the dogs by the Roman Ridge. Met a few (at 2.0 m distance) including a St Bernard's. Sunshine here but frosty rather than your cyclone.

If you don't mind, can you remind me which area of SA? Aphasia is still a problem for me but improving.
Sounds like a brilliant afternoon out!

Visitor, I’m in Johannesburg.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBE2BE8C-FB1D-4492-9BD9-0051847E51EA.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	14615

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top