Join for free
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:45 PM

Re: Impeachment of Donald Trump

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It would be best if the now disunited states of America did split apart.
You wish !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You are vastly overestimating the number of Republicans who would leave the party for the Patriot party. Most Republicans I know were unhappy with Trump and said they had to hold their noses to vote for him in the 2016 election. The Republican Party has been bleeding membership and support by women, moderates, Latinos, college educated voters, and they are scrambling to get them back.

While it may make for a bitter pill for a couple of election cycles, most Republicans want to distance themselves from Trump and the radical arm of the party. Cut off the arm to save the patient, I say.
Most Republicans who voted Trump do not regret their vote in 2020. Most Republicans who voted Trump in 2016 voted Trump again in 2020 and another 10 million voted for him in 2020 as well.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Most Republicans who voted Trump do not regret their vote in 2020. Most Republicans who voted Trump in 2016 voted Trump again in 2020 and another 10 million voted for him in 2020 as well.
All of the republicans I know and who voted for him in 2016, are now hanging their heads in shame... myself included. I jumped ship early in 2020 when Trump botched his job on Covid-19.

The fact remains that very few people even want to be seen with Trump, let alone actually support him.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
All of the republicans I know and who voted for him in 2016, are now hanging their heads in shame... myself included. I jumped ship early in 2020 when Trump botched his job on Covid-19.

The fact remains that very few people even want to be seen with Trump, let alone actually support him.
Yeah they all say that, we saw the same in the run up to the election that Republicans interviewed by the press all swore blind they were voting for Biden.

Then Trump got the second largest vote in the history of the USA.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:18 PM

Yeah they all say that, we saw the same in the run up to the election that Republicans interviewed by the press all swore blind they were voting for Biden.

Then Trump got the second largest vote in the history of the USA.
You continue to miss the point. That was BEFORE Trump incited and encouraged insurrection.

Mighty curious how you think you are an expert on American politics. Especially as you live across the pond.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

22-01-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
You continue to miss the point. That was BEFORE Trump incited and encouraged insurrection.

Mighty curious how you think you are an expert on American politics. Especially as you live across the pond.
You're not American either, your a Mexican

Anyway, as far as Trumps impeachment is concerned, the Dems are moving mighty quick. Quicker than McConnell thought anyway.... odd. To impeach Trump the dems need another 16 Republicans to vote against the former president.

If Trump gets impeached, to the MAGA movement (which it is now) will never vote Republican again (for voting against Trump) and fall in behind Trumps Patriot Party. This could see the beginning of 3 Party Politics in the USA which would at the next election split the "right wing" vote and hand another victory to the Dems. Who knows, the USA may even get their first coalition government.... Remember Trump got 70 million votes in 2020 and according to the surveys, 2/3 of voters do not regret their vote at all and the other 1/3 are prepare to hold their nose and vote for him again (anyone but Biden kinda thing - it works both ways).

On the other hand, depending on what the evidence is in the court case (if its a stitch up basically which I believe it will be) Trump will be seen as a martyr or a victim with the other Republicans (and MAGA) and then there will be an almighty party behind Trump and the Republican Party will implode for stitching him up.

Worse still, if Trump wins (like he did last time) then he will still have a mass following and will also run again - a big mouth camping at Biden for the next 4 years accusing them of stitch ups, fake news, witch hunts etc etc. Very damaging to Biden especially when Trump (the victim) calls out every job lost by the Biden Administration (which will happen).

Finally, after the impeachment, regardless, every Republican (and some Dems) who lose their job, house, business etc because of Bidens policies (like the one yesterday over the Keystone Pipeline which just cost 70,000 jobs) each one of those will be handed to Trump.

So, unless Biden continues to create jobs, wealth etc in America (like Trump did) he is well and truly screwed and looking at the past day or so, he has already put thousands out of work and made parents extemely worried about their children (girls) since he ruled on allowing transgender boys to complete directly with girls and share places to "hang" in changing areas.

^^^ that was just yesterday before the effects of signing back up to the Paris agreement (more job losses) was done, talking to Iran to restart the Iran deal (making the USA dependent on their oil again when they were self sufficient before) and implementing his "green new deal", which is totally bonkers and guaranteed to blow up the economy.

If you want to see how the dems are doing, have a look at California and look at what Oracle is doing about relocating to Texas. That should give you an idea of the next 6 months under Biden and after that it will be 3.5 years with Harris.

Oh ... and Biden demonising conservatives isn't doing him any favours either.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It would be best if the now disunited states of America did split apart.
Yeah! TAT is back!
bakerman
Mexico

22-01-2021, 11:40 PM

You're not American either, your a Mexican
Ha Ha Ha That's going to come as a big surprise to my family. Born and raised in USA.
If an Englishman retires to the Philippines, does that make him a Filipino ? No, of course not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 12:14 AM

One thing everyone forgets is that Biden is a devout Christian. He's also a Democrat. That ticks boxes all across the land. If anyone can unite the USA it's him.
bakerman
Mexico

23-01-2021, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
One thing everyone forgets is that Biden is a devout Christian. He's also a Democrat. That ticks boxes all across the land. If anyone can unite the USA it's him.
Yes. I suppose that's true. However, he has a steep mountain to climb. Those who invaded the Capitol Building, Jan 6th, and those who support them have done serious damage to American democracy. The question remains, 'How many of those fascists are there' ?

I, for one, view them the same as I do the "brown shirts" of Nazi Germany. Dangerous thugs !

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top