Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:50 PM

Re: Self-Scan

I always use the Self Scan if I have left then 8 items in my basket. Only this week we both went to Asda, we went to the Self Scan, I only had about 5 items, but I have my Husband with me to load the stuff in the bag and carry it for me as I am classed as Disabled. Started Scanning and the Security Guard came up to us and told me off for having my Husband there with me, he did you not see the sign, No I said, its says only one person at the SS, sorry but I need him here to help me, you will have to go to the Manned staff till then, so I had to put everything back in the basket and go to a Main till, I wouldn't mind but there were about 4 people in the whole supermarket.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I feel much the same Queenie.
We still have to pay the same price yet we've done all the work ourselves.
But it's less work, you only have to handle your shopping once, rather than three times with the conventional way.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
But it's less work, you only have to handle your shopping once, rather than three times with the conventional way.

Unless you get caught for a random search.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Unless you get caught for a random search.
But then I get my bags packed properly.

You probably don't need that service.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 04:56 PM

You need to have a Tesco club card to use the self scanners, Pauline.
I got one, through the post ,a few weeks ago, Harbal.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-01-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I got one, through the post ,a few weeks ago, Harbal.
Then what are you waiting for, Pauline? Go forth and scan.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 06:27 PM

Then what are you waiting for, Pauline? Go forth and scan.
I’ll let you know how it went, won’t be shopping there, until the end of next week.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good point, Meg.

Have to confess I have used self service tills when I have had only a couple of items, been in a hurry, and seen long queues at the regular till.
I think they are brilliant. The only problem is if you lose the internet connection but they seem to have sorted that now. I can sit at home, check stock in my local store, write a list on my mobile phone and cross them off as I scan the items instore (again, using my phone). At the self service checkout, it's just a case of pointing my phone at the screen, then paying the total by card.

The best thing of course is that less people are involved, so less chance of catching anything nasty (hopefully).
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2021, 09:04 PM

You have answered your own question.
You know full well how to be a criminal.
Innocence lost- go to the back
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-01-2021, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
You have answered your own question.
You know full well how to be a criminal.
Innocence lost- go to the back
Who are you talking to, xirrpy?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top