Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:11 AM

Re: Are you shy!

Originally Posted by Min ->
I'm not shy but I am an introvert. A little company goes a long way with me. I enjoy a casual chat with a neighbour or acquaintance but go out of my way to avoid formal occasions like weddings, funerals or the like. I really can't see the point of forced social conversations between people who have nothing in common.
Nowt wrong with Weddings and Funerals or the like, we all have the right to remain silent, just go and observe the spectacle.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Min ->
I'm not shy but I am an introvert. A little company goes a long way with me. I enjoy a casual chat with a neighbour or acquaintance but go out of my way to avoid formal occasions like weddings, funerals or the like. I really can't see the point of forced social conversations between people who have nothing in common.

Spot on - would be excruciating for me
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:55 AM

Just avoid the "Commoners".
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 09:59 AM

I have to admit, I don't like forward children.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just avoid the "Commoners".
Absolutely !
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

10-01-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Nowt wrong with Weddings and Funerals or the like, we all have the right to remain silent, just go and observe the spectacle.
I always enjoy Weddings and Funerals, I know Funerals are supposed to be sombre occasions but I often meet people that I have heard about but never met. And some have really surpassed my expectations. The problem is I am now quite extravert and really enjoy speaking to people specially older people as they have an increadable wealth of experience.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
I always enjoy Weddings and Funerals, I know Funerals are supposed to be sombre occasions but I often meet people that I have heard about but never met. And some have really surpassed my expectations. The problem is I am now quite extravert and really enjoy speaking to people specially older people as they have an increadable wealth of experience.
I also enjoy speaking to people, but some can be hard work, especially if its a one sided conversation.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

10-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I also enjoy speaking to people, but some can be hard work, especially if its a one sided conversation.
Then I would direct the questioning at them, my students would quieten down if they felt they were being interigated on something.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

10-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
Then I would direct the questioning at them, my students would quieten down if they felt they were being interigated on something.
I think showing an interest in someone is nice. The me me me conversation makes you just turn off
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 12:23 PM

I was painfully shy when little I would always walk from school with my head bowed and walk into lamposts !!

I have no problem talking to anyone if sorting things out and getting things done, but very uncomfortable with 'small talk'.

I'm amazed at how neighbours can talk at great length and wonder what it is they actually keep finding to talk about. Wish I could !!

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top