Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 02:23 PM

Nikon lens test

Thought vit about time I checked out the repaired Nikon afs80-400mm lens
to put things into perspective first at 24 mm with the Nikon 24-70mm lens

now the repaired lens at 80mm

and at 400mm and cropped to check for sharpness. Only cropped no other editing taken in Jpeg fine @f4.5 in A mode

Can't really complain at that
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 03:43 PM

Re: Nikon lens test

It looks very dark to me...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear, Mags you missed the point entirely, it was a sharpness check over distance. Never mind dear you can always brighten up the monitor. I did say it was in Aperture (A) priority mode not manual mode
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 04:29 PM

I don’t know anything about apertures and how many mm’s something is so I just say what I see RS...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 07:32 PM

Me also Mags.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Oh dear, Mags you missed the point entirely, it was a sharpness check over distance. Never mind dear you can always brighten up the monitor. I did say it was in Aperture (A) priority mode not manual mode
That to me is Greek. Certainly is sharp, but still too dark.

I don’t know anything about apertures and how many mm’s something is so I just say what I see RS...
I don't know either, do I.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-08-2020, 07:44 PM

Ladies please understand it is a sharpness test not a brightness test. Maybe you just don't understand ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Ladies please understand it is a sharpness test not a brightness test. Maybe you just don't understand ?
Well, it certainly is very sharp & no I don't understand, but I'm sure you know what you are doing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-08-2020, 07:55 PM

Tiffany
If you wear glasses you go to an optician to get glasses that enable you to see clearly, it doesn't matter if it is light or dark
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-08-2020, 07:58 PM

Remember we are not a professional photography forum RS, just a 'friendly' 'ole forum. The majority of us here do not understand the full ins and outs of a camera so we just say what we see when you ask us questions.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-08-2020, 08:10 PM

Remember we are not a professional photography forum RS, just a 'friendly' 'ole forum. The majority of us here do not understand the full ins and outs of a camera so we just say what we see when you ask us questions.
Fair enough, if I don't undestand I tend to ask .

Mags if you told me about some kinda cooking I would be in the same boat or should I say frying pan. What goes on in the kitchen is a complete mystery to me. I can boil water to make a cup of coffee and that is the extreme limit of my culinery knowledge

Bit like the Irishman shown 2 shovels and told to take his pick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top