Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Re: "Shall I be mother?"

In my opinion this has nothing to do with titles, but that lesbians (which is a sin in the Bible) were Christening "their" child.

Paradoxical, no?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:38 PM

A Christening certificate is a religious record, not a legal document. Logic does dictate that a child can have only one mother, so in effect the vicar is right. It does annoy me that every one who expresses an opinion in branded "phobic" Why on earth do we either have to agree on these issues or keep quiet. Why should people be forced to accept what they feel is unacceptable?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
In my opinion this has nothing to do with titles, but that lesbians (which is a sin in the Bible) were instigating a Christening of "their" child.

Paradoxical, no?
Would you care to direct me to the Bible verse declaring lesbianism a sin?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Time for my cocoa>>>>>>>
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Would you care to direct me to the Bible verse declaring lesbianism a sin?
To quote a few:

Corinthians 6:9 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Jude 1:7 - Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

I could go on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
If he was uncomfortable about it, I see no reason why he shouldn't refuse. I'm sure there will be other vicars who will do it. I just hope he doesn't end up being lambasted for it.
I suspect he will be lambasted whether he does, or whether he doesn't! He can't win.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

04-09-2013, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I suspect he will be lambasted whether he does, or whether he doesn't! He can't win.
As long as he stays true to himself and to God, all will be well.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 11:03 PM

It's the one serious problem that the Human Rights Bill has thrown up - it often seems that for Person A to have their rights acknowledged, Person B often has to forego theirs - and that doesn't seem right.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=Robert Junior;338341]Tell that to Elton John & David Furnish OB, they have 2 kids,
the surrogate mother was allegedly paid £20k each.
QUOTE]

And to think they turned me down at £15K !!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

04-09-2013, 11:09 PM

And to think they turned me down at £15K !!
You should sue

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top