Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:26 PM

Re: What is your ALL TIME FAVORITE SONG?

'Midnight Hour' by Wilson Pickett
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Hell-o zuludog!

Okay dokey! Thank you...Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett - GREAT - thank you for comment! ....I am not able to find the song that will allow to play - but I think most of us know what it is sound like... Nice choice! xo Gia
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:46 PM

Hello Older git....

I have not hear this song before - it make Gia feel like dancing! Very nice song...and I love the instrumentals part also... Good! I learn about a new song today...thank you for comment! xo Gia
Gianetta
US

16-01-2016, 03:51 PM

Patsy ...I knowww... is not easy to choose just only one! I will go with the one that always come to my mind when I busy doing chores and things ... it is because I continue to enjoy Elvis voice, and there is mandolin playing in it, and also because the song have a lots of meaning to me because is first song playing that Steven and Gia actually slow dance (while others was cha-cha) to at a college party. By then, it was already consider to be a "oldie" song - lol: Is this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkMVscR5YOo
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
CARA MIA is a favorite of mine by Jay and the Americans
I think the David Whitfield version was the better one.
Gianetta
US

16-01-2016, 03:56 PM

Hell-o EZ RIDER ...

I have just listen to David Whitfield version - also very nice.Is more operatic in style with Montovani Orchestra.. - both version is good because the song words is beautiful! Thank you! xo Gia
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:01 PM

Matty Groves?-there are many versions---it`s all about moving `above` one`s station,be careful where/and who you sleep with and least of all-never hurt a man who cannot hit back. So very English.
Gianetta
US

16-01-2016, 04:07 PM

Oh I see, Older git... still - I like the melody of it also. English music is more philosophical I think? Is enjoyable - and good life lessons too! Thank you.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:09 PM

Gosh how can I possibly choose one from literally thousands... ?
I have to say though that one intro that STILL makes the hairs on the back of my neck tingle, even after all this time is... I'm Not In Love by 10 CC
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 04:12 PM

Hello Gianetta-folk tunes have much to teach us. If you liked that version take a look at the album from where that one comes. You may have guessed that I also like Woody Guthrie. No one song being an all time favourite.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top