Join for free
Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:45 AM

Re: Heard on a TV quiz yesterday...

Q: What three word phrase is often used to describe the county of Yorkshire?

A: Ee bah gum
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Q: How many dwarfs lived with Snow white?

A: 101
Was she running a brothel?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Was she running a brothel?
Just a small one.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 03:53 PM

On The Chase, a question that I never knew, Florida everglades is the only place alligators and crocodiles coexist.

So googled to find out more.

https://www.nps.gov/ever/learn/nature/crocodile.htm

Crocodiles and alligators belong to a group of reptiles called crocodilians, which are the largest of the living reptiles. Of the 23 different species of crocodilians in the world, 2 species are native to the United States, and south Florida is the only place where both of these species coexist. The American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis) ranges throughout the southeastern United States, and Everglades alligators exist at the southern extreme of their range. American Crocodiles (Crocodylus acutus), on the other hand, inhabit coastal areas of south Florida where they are at the northern extreme of their range. American crocodiles also can be found on the islands of Cuba, Jamaica, and Hispaniola, as well as along both coasts of southern Mexico and Central America, south to Ecuador on the Pacific coast of South America, and Venezuela on the Atlantic coast.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
On The Chase, a question that I never knew, Florida everglades is the only place alligators and crocodiles coexist.

So googled to find out more.

https://www.nps.gov/ever/learn/nature/crocodile.htm
Funnily enough, I knew about the crocs and the gators having been to the everglades on one of those boats with the fan on the back.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 06:33 PM

Yes I also knew about the alligators and crocodiles having been on the Florida Airboats twice. I even got the chance to hold a two and a half year old alligator named “Fluffy”.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes I also knew about the alligators and crocodiles having been on the Florida Airboats twice. I even got the chance to hold a two and a half year old alligator named “Fluffy”.
Wow - and I thought I was brave cuddling a Tiger! Did you have to count your fingers, Mags?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wow - and I thought I was brave cuddling a Tiger! Did you have to count your fingers, Mags?
No Tabby, he was absolutely gorgeous to hold, his tummy was so soft and warm that I didn’t want to hand him back.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-01-2020, 08:08 PM

No Tabby, he was absolutely gorgeous to hold, his tummy was so soft and warm that I didn’t want to hand him back.
Aw, I bet that was lovely.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 11:04 PM

We did the same Mags, such a warm soft tummy and so unexpected. I'm glad his mouth was taped up with electrical tape though....

Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top