Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:44 PM

Do you have daily visual nudges of online friends?

I have a bright orange small pan I purchased a year ago. I use it every morning to cook eggs or omelettes. It is sturdy, easy to clean, and made in Denmark. When I do the dishes, I see the heavy stamp on the bottom marked Denmark, and think of an online friend who lives in Denmark.

I met this friend on my first international forum ten years ago, during my divorce. It passed my evenings, and became a ritual, just like this site. He posted a photo of a heavy, ornately carved bed in a castle his family was visiting. I felt the need to respond, as I am taken with castles and history in general. He has also posted shots of WWII bunkers along the coast of Denmark, and remnants found from that war.
He is an avid photographer, music buff, history teacher, etc. His posts were appealing to me, showing his family, grand kids, etc.

We interacted regularly, he's witty, and smart. Since, we are also friends on FB, and respect each other so much, leaving messages on our posts, and still we tell our friends of our relationship. It warms my heart. I am grateful to know him. He has taught me so much through his photos and posts.

Back on topic, you can tell how fond I have become of him, his family, and that orange pan is a lovely reminder.

Do you have something that triggers your memory daily that wasn't a gift, but something you purchased yourself, to remind you of another online friend?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:48 PM

Re: Do you have daily visual nudges of online friends?

My leggings make me think of Longlegs.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:56 PM

No, not something I bought myself, but my American on line friend sent me a pretty top, which I am wearing today & it makes me think of her. We have met & originally she was a pen pal, now we chat on FB most days.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Right Now
upstate New York US

30-07-2018, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, not something I bought myself, but my American on line friend sent me a pretty top, which I am wearing today & it makes me think of her. We have met & originally she was a pen pal, now we chat on FB most days.
That's lovely, Tiffany. I bet you look you look happy when wearing it
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
That's lovely, Tiffany. I bet you look you look happy when wearing it
It's actually a bit big, but I like baggy clothing. America sizings are different to ours.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:09 PM

I have online friends who I have become very close to and so wish I could just hop in my car and go round for coffee and a chat. My Canadian friend Pam and her husband and my Texan friend Ethyl. What reminds me if them is nothing I bought but each time I see anything to do with camping/caravanning I always take pictures and send it to my Canadian friends as they are seriously into camping. I do the same with fairies as Ethyl adores fairies. I sent her a surprise in February of a wire fairies calendar and she adored it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

I can't think of anything tbh.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I have a bright orange small pan I purchased a year ago. I use it every morning to cook eggs or omelettes. It is sturdy, easy to clean, and made in Denmark. When I do the dishes, I see the heavy stamp on the bottom marked Denmark, and think of an online friend who lives in Denmark.

I met this friend on my first international forum ten years ago, during my divorce. It passed my evenings, and became a ritual, just like this site. He posted a photo of a heavy, ornately carved bed in a castle his family was visiting. I felt the need to respond, as I am taken with castles and history in general. He has also posted shots of WWII bunkers along the coast of Denmark, and remnants found from that war.
He is an avid photographer, music buff, history teacher, etc. His posts were appealing to me, showing his family, grand kids, etc.

We interacted regularly, he's witty, and smart. Since, we are also friends on FB, and respect each other so much, leaving messages on our posts, and still we tell our friends of our relationship. It warms my heart. I am grateful to know him. He has taught me so much through his photos and posts.

Back on topic, you can tell how fond I have become of him, his family, and that orange pan is a lovely reminder.

Do you have something that triggers your memory daily that wasn't a gift, but something you purchased yourself, to remind you of another online friend?

I don't have on-line friends, and certainly don't have, or wish to have nudges to remind me of the posters on the forums on which I post. I am much more interested in real people, not virtual ones.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I can't think of anything tbh.
Try Dejavu

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top