Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:17 AM

Re: Do you like flying

Yes I enjoy the whole experience of flying.

I like airports and all the shopping facilities/ restaurants/bars they have to keep me amused till it's time for the flight.

I love the taking off and the landing.

MY favourite flights were to America & Russia using Virgin Atlantic and BA. We were looked after superbly and had loads of leg room.

MY husband on the other hand hates flying. I had to hold his hand for comfort when we took off!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:22 AM

I do a lot of flying but now absoutely hate it.
The stress of the airports is simply too much .
People are increasingly treated like cattle as opposed from paying customers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:36 AM

As some may remember Ive mentioned my son is a number 1 air steward ( I'm proud of him that's why I keep mentioning him ) 20+ years now , he says it's safer than being in a car , I still don't belive him as I'm scared of flying. A long while ago now , flying home from Greece he was on our plane , he came and took my hand , " come mum" he said , he took me to the flight deck and strapped me into the third chair just behind the two captains , one captain had his feet up and they were laughing about me being afraid (oh so handsome in their uniforms ) we approached the airport and landed with a little bump the captains explaining everything to me . When I came out the flight deck the people were clapping and saying "well done " with great big smiles.

I'm still scared of flying !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 11:48 AM

I like flying, but then I have an avid interest in aircraft.
I have a flight simulator, where you can choose from a selection of aircraft, like a 737 for example and carry out real time flights.
It's quite complex, you have to follow atc commands etc, and the flight dynamics of the "aircraft" is as per the real deal.

All the switches / dials in the virtual cockpit work etc.

https://simcatalog.com/images/com_hi...sdefault_3.jpg
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 06:40 AM

I had a flying lesson once .
It didn't inspire me to carry on I wasn't afraid I just didn't enjoy it that much .
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:33 AM

flying I hate it more than I can say ---but have done a lot over the years ...it sends my stress levels to a dizzy level especially on take off -- befor I board I tap the plane door and say get me there safe - I should sit with the pilot really to calm me ...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:39 AM

The actual flights no longer bother me, me and Mr Missy commuted back and forth to London a lot for many years, but I can no longer cope with the hassle of airports

Now we much prefer getting ferry over. Either to Scotland, were we get a bus the other end so we can sit and have a drink and a meal whilst on board, or take the overnighter and sleep the whole way to Liverpool

Its the thought of airports and being crammed into a plane thats stopped me going abroad these past few years
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:36 AM

I have only flown once, and we went through a storm.
Can't say I am eager to fly again, no.

There are so many lovely places in this country I have never seen, so not bothered about exploring even further afield.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:30 PM

My very first flight was in a prop plane that held 19 passengers...and no, I didn't like it. It was a 45 minute flight from Toronto to Windsor, Ontario and at night, with a lot of turbulence...

A year or two later I graduated to a 757 jet...and now I love every moment of flying...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:33 PM

I like flying it's all that lost skin and blood when hitting ground afterwards that is not so pleasant.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top