Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Re: Smelly people

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Those ball types do tend to rip the hairs out.
So you're left holding a hedgehog in your hand after? Ugh , that made me shudder.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So you're left holding a hedgehog in your hand after? Ugh , that made me shudder.
Like sitting naked on an upturned spinning bike wheel.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Of course another reason for ponging is not changing your clothes often enough. Even if they wash, the clothes still smell.

That is true dongles, and socks can be whiffy in some people too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is true dongles, and socks can be whiffy in some people too.
And trainers Mups. Used to be a nightmare when I was a teenager.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:03 PM

I must admit my shoe cupboard gets a bit pongy when my trainers have been worn.

Note to self: Wash yer trainers!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Of course another reason for ponging is not changing your clothes often enough. Even if they wash, the clothes still smell.
Especially if those Comfort-style fabric conditioners are used in the final wash. The clothes smell nice out of the machine but after a few days begin to smell like a mouldering corpse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Especially if those Comfort-style fabric conditioners are used in the final wash. The clothes smell nice out of the machine but after a few days begin to smell like a mouldering corpse.

You absolutely sure it is the clothes, Judsy?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You absolutely sure it is the clothes, Judsy?
Oh aye, I usually smell of baby powder
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:03 AM

I somehow missed this thread.

The ones I come across are certain individuals who use the gym. Sweat is naturally a occurring event, and more so when we exercise, but some people just do not use deodorant and the positively reek from all their open orifices when they are training or walk past. Sometimes they are so disgustingly reesty that I swap their bench for one which is clean and dry. Those same people then finish off what they're doing, change their shirt without showering and leave the gym.

I get up to three showers a day sometimes. Not because I smell, as I don't, but because it wakes me up first thing after waking up then another one after exercise. Then before I go to work, a third one. If I don't I'm a right old miserable bugger all day.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:21 AM

I was on a bus last week when a very odd man got on, obviously had mental health problems as his first act was to pull a woman's hair and then thump me on the back of the head! He made the whole bus smell awful. A few miles down the road an inspector got on (never seen one of those for years) and started sniffing the air and opening windows. He then approached said man, and asked if he could have a quick word outside - the bus had stopped by now. He refused, he asked him again and in the end said "well I've tried to be tactful, but as you want this publically, you stink. Get off the bus or I'll call the police."

He did eventually alight, muttering to himself, and the smell disappeared with him. I did feel sorry for the chap though, but the smell was truly awful.

Was in another shop recently and a young woman serving smelled so badly of BO I had to leave. I just don't understand how this can happen when deodorants are available to everyone nowadays. People seem to think it's enough just to shower without using them.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top