Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:34 PM

Re: Are you fat?

I'm not fat and don't want to lose any weight. I find it pretty easy to tone up but I'd like to do more exercise if I could find the time and motivation. I've always done lots of exercise, but it gets more difficult to get into it regularly once you are past your mid forties.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Have to admit ... I'm a slob. If I tried to touch my toes I'll probably wreck my back.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yours or mine? How very dare you!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:48 PM

I'm not fat but my middle has definitely expanded a bit since I stopped riding my bike so much. I walked a brisk 3 miles today but that's not the same level of exercise as pedalling a bike.

I sometimes worry about that but then think to myself heck! I'm 73 now, who except me cares if my middle is a bit bigger than it was?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:47 PM

I'm not fat but I have been overweight on occasions. With me it's the weekends where I put a little too much belly fat on for my liking. I start snacking and enjoy a few beers but that is lost again during the week when I'm busy working.
Yes, maybe when I retire, as has been said, I'll put more weight on as it will be harder to exercise as I can do now, but the main reason why people get fat apart from if they have a serious illness, is because their diet isn't as good as it could be.

I've just began bodybuilding again for the first time in about six years and already I'm seeing a difference. Nothing serious this time, but it's a good way to watch the calories and also maintain a relatively decent physical shape.

Sorry ladies...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:51 PM

So to sum up...... None of us are fat, just overweight.
oldal
New Member!
California, USA
oldal is male 

31-07-2018, 08:52 PM

Fatness is in the eye of the beholder
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm not fat but I have been overweight on occasions. With me it's the weekends where I put a little too much belly fat on for my liking. I start snacking and enjoy a few beers but that is lost again during the week when I'm busy working.
Yes, maybe when I retire, as has been said, I'll put more weight on as it will be harder to exercise as I can do now, but the main reason why people get fat apart from if they have a serious illness, is because their diet isn't as good as it could be.

I've just began bodybuilding again for the first time in about six years and already I'm seeing a difference. Nothing serious this time, but it's a good way to watch the calories and also maintain a relatively decent physical shape.

Sorry ladies...

Good grief,Floydy,..you look like Mr Universe!..my goodness,you have worked hard!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by oldal ->
Fatness is in the eye of the beholder

I agree with that,oldal,so is beauty!.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Good grief,Floydy,..you look like Mr Universe!..my goodness,you have worked hard!.
Lol! Not exactly, Pauline, but thanks, I do put a lot of effort into keeping in trim I guess

I'm actually doing a programme which should see me keeping as lean as possible without putting on the bulk (or "mass") which normally goes along with the sport of bodybuilding. In my younger days I could reach 18 stones, but a lot of that was in the 'off' season where eating protein-based meals is the name of the game and yes, I got very big but lost it again when I would go on a "cut" to define the muscle.

I don't intend to get really big again this time, I wouldn't want that but simply by isolating the individual muscles, I will physically look stronger. All I'm doing now is eating normal-sized meals but without fat, sugar and salt where I can help it. On the actual training side it involves a mixture of lifting heavier weights to strengthen the muscles, then going much lighter with higher repetitions to tone up again. Coupled with being active in my job at work this should keep me not only feeling physically (and actually, mentally) fit, but maintaining a good body shape.

Anybody can stay in shape. It just takes a combination of willpower, determination and effort.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top