Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:03 AM

Fantastic claims

It is no secret that some people will do literally anything for money, or fame or for political reasons.

In my opinion, fantastic claims, require fantastic proof.

Several examples

When surfing the net, we can find numerous sites that attempt to convince us of some wild tale. Willie Nelson, the American country singer, and famous dope smoker, has stated that on 9/11 it was not terrorists who knocked down the World Trade center buildings. He states quite clearly that it was President George W. Bush who masterminded the entire episode.

It matters not to Willie Nelson that 100's of thousands of New Yorkers actually saw the planes fly into the buildings.
It matters not to Willie Nelson that there is film of the planes flying into the buildings.

In a bizarre drug induced hallucination Willie Nelson ignores all of the evidence and attempts to sway public opinion against conservatives and against George W. Bush in particular.

Another truly strange idea has popped into the heads of some real goofballs. They claim that men never went to, and landed upon the moon. They claim that the entire Apollo Program was a hoax.

Those conspiracy theorists offer no proof what-so-ever. They ignore all of the thousands of hard-working scientists and the brave men who actually went to the moon.
They totally ignore all the film and the moon rocks brought back.

OMG, don't even get me started on extra-terrestrial aliens. Or Bigfoot.

So, I say to one and all, [B]"Fantastic claims, require fantastic proof"[/B]
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:13 AM

Re: Fantastic claims

I get very annoyed with moon landing sceptics.A lot of very brave and clever people risked their lives doing that.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I get very annoyed with moon landing sceptics.A lot of very brave and clever people risked their lives doing that.

Often, I have wondered, are they brain damaged, due to drug over use ?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 02:18 AM

I've heard both these conspiracy theories being propounded many times over the years, along with several other bizarre conspiracy theories, by quite a few people. I know quite a number of conspiracy theorists who are definitely not drug users.
I think some people are so distrustful of governments and politicians, they assume they are lying all the time and look for more complex explanations.
bakerman
Mexico

01-08-2018, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I've heard both these conspiracy theories being propounded many times over the years, along with several other bizarre conspiracy theories, by quite a few people. I know quite a number of conspiracy theorists who are definitely not drug users.
I think some people are so distrustful of governments and politicians, they assume they are lying all the time and look for more complex explanations.
Ok, that makes sense. However, I still wonder if they WERE drug users at one time. Some people never recover from heavy drug use. Their poor brains seem permanently warped.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 06:55 AM

Folks would be a bit stuck for threads if it weren't for the conspirationist.
bakerman
Mexico

01-08-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Folks would be a bit stuck for threads if it weren't for the conspirationist.

Maybe so, but I don't understand why those goofballs can't cope with reality.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:53 AM

Hmmmm - some people claim that the American Army, with all its technical and modern weaponry available to it, and the American airforce capable of dropping 1000s of bombs and using chemical weapons too, won the Vietnam war. The truth is that with less than 1000th of the weaponry the Americans had, the vietnamese peasant army managed to severely 'kick the butts' of the American army and forced them to withdraw from Vietnam altogether.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:00 AM

Oh please .
Who has claimed any such thing ?
Everyone knows America lost the Vietman war .
The North Vietnamese were very adequately funded by the communist blocs of the then Soviet Union and China .
They fought guerrilla warfare ideal for in jungle conditions .
I don't know why you should show such glee at a conflict that cost so many young lives .
It's grotesque and completely repugnant .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:04 AM

Hi

Some people claim that the economy of Venezuela is working, in spite of the fact that inflation is so high ordinary people cannot buy food.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top