Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 04:06 AM

The day you were married

Mrs. Floydy and myself have been married 20 years today and I can't believe it's so long ago we tied the knot.
Just a registry office for us as my wife had been married previously, but lots of family and friends were there and it was a very special day.

Did you have a big white wedding or a small one in a registry office? Perhaps you married in secret without telling anybody.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 05:38 AM

Re: The day you were married

We were married 33 years ago, we had both been married before and neither of us like much fuss, so it was just down the Registry Office on a Saturday with both mums in attendance and a couple of close friends for witnesses and we spent the afternoon with a barbecue in the garden with our families. A thoroughly pleasant day.

A ridiculous amount of money is sometimes spent on weddings these days, but it often seems the more they spend the shorter time the marriage lasts, quite bonkers......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 05:52 AM

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Floydy - may you enjoy many more happy years together.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 06:16 AM

It was my Golden anniversay a few days ago. Ours was a register office wedding, I borrowed a short white dress and borrowed an awful meringue hat from a middle aged Polish woman I worked with - the whole event including the buffet cost about £50 and we went to Blackpool for our honeymoon. One of my sisters was on holiday, the other one went to the wrong register office by mistake so missed it!

We met in April, married in July and no, I wasn't pregnant.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Mrs. Floydy and myself have been married 20 years today and I can't believe it's so long ago we tied the knot.
Just a registry office for us as my wife had been married previously, but lots of family and friends were there and it was a very special day.

Did you have a big white wedding or a small one in a registry office? Perhaps you married in secret without telling anybody.
Congratulations mate.
When are you going to the Palace for Mrs Floydy's medal?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 06:25 AM

We were married 62 years ago --Feb. 1956. just our folks, the couple who stood up for us, the minister and his wife. It was held in the parsonage of our church. We only had a honeymoon of a few days as I had to be back aboard ship. We sailed and I didn't see my bride for the next month and a half. Our first of 4 kids was born the following February and we're still walking along life's path, hand in hand, but moving a bit slower these days
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 06:36 AM

Happy 20th anniversary to you & your wife Floydy. Have you got any special plans to celebrate?

It was a no frills registry office wedding for me. Followed by a small family gathering for tea at my grandma's house and we all went down the pub in the evening.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:18 AM

Registry Office, didn't want much fuss, forgot it was in the middle of the city, so outside for the photos meant we had loads of unknown attendees.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:24 AM

Happy Anniversary Floydy

And you too Eccles

Our was 15 years ago. We had planned a registrars office and just my sister, niece and nephew and his brother and sister in law, only Mother insisted on coming so invited another 4 couples

Mr Missy already had a new suit and I got a day dress and sandals in the sales, I ordered the food from Waitrose and we suppled wine and beer and we had an afternoon party in the garden which I expected would last until about 5pm

About 40 people showed up and the last guests left at 3am

Its a good job I have always over catered
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:26 AM

We have been married 36 years in a Registry Office in Mare Street, East London. My Nephew as Page Boy.

It was on a Friday at 3pm, and it was very windy.

We had only 20 guests and after the wedding vows we took all Guest to an Greek Restaurant with entertainment.

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top