Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Grandchildren

My wife is looking after ours for three days this week and next until their mother can get some time off work.

Always great to see them, but my wife has to take them out in the mornings as I'm sleeping off nights.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 12:29 AM

I haven't got any grandchildren, probably never will have now.
My son has never married, and never wanted children anyway.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I haven't got any grandchildren, probably never will have now.
My son has never married, and never wanted children anyway.
Does it make you feel sad? Nothing I can do about me not being a grandma but it still makes me sad. It's something I dream of
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 03:59 AM

I have one child at home and one who is coming and going.

I am still looking forward to having a few years as an empty nester.

My son actually asked me if I will be ok once he and his sister are gone for good. I told him I would manage - somehow

I do hope grandkids come someday.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:20 AM

Our eldest grandchild (16) stays with us once or twice a year. The others live nearby and we see them occasionally if they come over with their mother. We don't live in each other's pockets, which I think is a good thing. I was a very hands on granny when they were infants. Since my husband's illness my priorities have changed.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:28 AM

four over 20's grandkids who just do their own thing and are too busy for grandparent attention unless we have loads of money! - three under 15's who just wanna sit on ipads all evening -so much so that their dad has instituted an E free day - everyweek - no phones; ipads or tv for everyone in the family - it's got them talking again! being in a blended family I have another 2 in their 20's away at uni and one on play station all day - we have to plan special outings to get him out of the house!
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:47 AM

I’ve one granddaughter she’s 13 the daughter i never had.
We have her sleep over weekends .
She’s waiting for a kidney transplant her mums the perfect match, it’s hoped the transplant will go ahead early in the New Year mum had to lose three stone first under 2 to go now.
It’s dialysis three times a week takes almost 6hrs.
Life at times can seems so unfair.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:59 AM

A few of my grandchildren could make me a great-grandfather ..if they ever felt inclined to do so.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
She’s waiting for a kidney transplant her mums the perfect match, it’s hoped the transplant will go ahead early in the New Year mum had to lose three stone first under 2 to go now.
Sorry to hear this Ripple
Grandchildren bring pleasure but can bring heartache too.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Just to give you some brighter news on transplants, my wife had kidney failure when she was about 21 and she received a transplant after about a year on CAPD dialysis and the transplant is still going strong around 34 years later, the procedures and drugs they use these days are likely to be better as well, there is no reason why with the transplant she will live a perfectly normal life, I wish her and you luck on it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top