Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: Lights on..

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hate the short days, especially as I work nights. In winter I see about three hours of daylight and need vitamin D3 tablets to get me through it.

Not a lot different to days. Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark.
I work in a lab, so no daylight.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Not a lot different to days. Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark.
I work in a lab, so no daylight.
Yes, that's true. Getting up and going to work in the dark and coming back in the dark.

Can I be nosy and ask what work you do Tegonsee?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:05 PM

Pesta, Why don’t you go the whole hog and start a thread.... ‘Only 146 More Days To Christmas’.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
... blinds down, curtains drawn - already.

Gosh, it's going so fast the light nights.
Jolly good, it makes sleep a bit easier, as I go to bed early.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:51 AM

I don't want to think about early darkness it only feels like days ago we were battling the snow and mud.

I love the warm evenings, perfect for a walk in the fields, a time to savour....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, Why don’t you go the whole hog and start a thread.... ‘Only 146 More Days To Christmas’.
I'll leave that up to you Art, seeing as you're already counting down
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:57 PM

Been an absolutely glorious day here all day - cloudless blue sky and although very warm, no heat haze, the sky has remained crystal clear all day. As the evening draws on am now watching the vapour trails of 'planes on their way into Gatwick from America.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Been an absolutely glorious day here all day - cloudless blue sky and although very warm, no heat haze, the sky has remained crystal clear all day. As the evening draws on am now watching the vapour trails of 'planes on their way into Gatwick from America.
same here, its starting to get dark now here now though
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

02-08-2018, 09:02 PM

Yes, it was here too UJ. I did a small bit of gardening - just cutting back and weeding - for half and hour this morning and sweated so much I had to go take another shower.

I've read it's going to be in the 40s in Spain and Portugal. I couldn't possibly imagine being in that heat.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
same here, its starting to get dark now here now though

Still very warm here, not a breath of wind, and still quite light - light enough for me to sit here typing this on my laptop without any artificial lights.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top