Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 05:06 PM

Almost a Third of Five Year Olds Don't Have Basic Speech

The more informed of you will have heard this story from a couple of days ago. The situation seems to be getting worse.

The PC Brigade won't admit it but this problem is, for the most part, the fault of the clueless working class parents (and not just the white ones, but also some ethnic minorities as well I would suggest).

James O'Brien did an hour on this on LBC and after a stream of teachers phoned in, talking about the dire situation, right at the end a clueless parent rang in, and you wouldn't believe just how ****ing clueless he was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-parents.html
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Re: Almost a Third of Five Year Olds Don't Have Basic Speech

when parents cannot or will not teach their kids basic reading and writing skills it means one of two things : 1. they are incapable of reading and writing themselves or 2. they don't consider it important and think that will all be sorted at school.

I would continue to add that this basic communication function with families is eroding and indicative of the breakdown of families and eventually society as we know it. and will once again leave the elite of our countries running the place!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Basic SPEECH is different from reading and writing .
Children don't speak because their parents don't talk to them enough!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 05:49 PM

...and unbelievably, some of those 5 year olds are still in nappies when they start school.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:04 PM

Bone idle if you ask me.
Children are hard work and need time to learn .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:09 PM

It's because.... Oh **** it, Can I really be bothered?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:16 PM

I had this conversation with a woman months ago and she turned around and said to me, its not for me to teach my child to read and write, that's what the Teachers get paid to do, I totally disagreed with her, my Parents taught me basic things before going to School, I could tell the time before going to School.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:29 PM

Hi

My kids could toilet and wash themselves before going to School.

They could also read and write and do basic Maths.

It was great fun teaching them.

Jacob and Nadi, my pretendies, even with Polish parents, could do the same.

Children are a sponge, they love learinng new things, just spend the time with them.

Nadi knows about chemicals, she did the water tests on my aquarium since she was 4 years old, loved seeing things change colour.

She trashed her teachers at primary school by showing them how to grow DNA.

Jacob, who is autistic, is 10 now, he is despairing of me when it comes to smartphones and techie stuff.

There is simply no excuse for kids not to be educated, it is fun and they love it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:35 PM

It is shocking that some children are unable to communicate properly by the age of five. I believe teaching a child to speak properly starts at birth, I always talked to mine from the word go. Our eldest said her first comprehensible word at five months, 'Dad'! She was talking in proper sentences by the time she was 14 months old.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Hi

The first word my daughter said was No.

She has continued in the same vein.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top