Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Re: Almost a Third of Five Year Olds Don't Have Basic Speech

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yep I see it for myself . Friend looks after her son's girlfriends daughter who is almost 4 . She's now at nursery . Still in nappies , can't speak except makes sounds . She's been checked for hearing probs etc etc , but it's because the parents do not communicate with her , never read to her and give her what she wants when she points .

When my friend looks after her we speak , sing and read all the time to her .

Sad to say the mother is lazy ( it's a known fact ) and sticks the child's OWN tablet into the child's hands and leaves her be . Dreadful
Appalling. It's not uncommon for some parents to plonk their child down in front of the telly whilst they go to the pub.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:06 PM

Re: Almost a Third of Five Year Olds Don't Have Basic Speech

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yep I see it for myself . Friend looks after her son's girlfriends daughter who is almost 4 . She's now at nursery . Still in nappies , can't speak except makes sounds . She's been checked for hearing probs etc etc , but it's because the parents do not communicate with her , never read to her and give her what she wants when she points .

When my friend looks after her we speak , sing and read all the time to her .

Sad to say the mother is lazy ( it's a known fact ) and sticks the child's OWN tablet into the child's hands and leaves her be . Dreadful
Welcome to the world of "some modern parenting " eh !!!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top