Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:21 PM

Irritating TV Programmes

Do some TV programmes annoy you ? I sometimes watch 'Wanted Down Under, about people wanting to move to Australia or New Zealand. At the end they are meant to vote stay or back to UK, You know they are going to vote stay,never return,After 1 week looking for work & houses they always choose stay Why bother to vote,its already decided
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:28 PM

Re: Irritating TV Programmes

I think it is just a ploy by some to have a free holiday in Australia.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I think it is just a ploy by some to have a free holiday in Australia.
Took the words right out of my mouth. There is always an elderly or frail parent who gets in the way of their decision, or a grandparent. Or a child of one of the partners wants to stay in the UK, not leaving their other parent, or simply one of their own children spoiling the plan.

They obviously choose such families for the entertainment value, and the drama. ‘Gasp! Will they make the heartbreaking decision to go to the other side of the world and leave XXXX’s elderly mother/father, to fend for themselves, and be left having to phone or Skype their daughter/son and their beloved grandchildren? And what about their dogs/horses/goldfish? Where will they end up? Whatever their decision, we wish them all the luck and happiness...’

Bleugh.......gets me every time. Not. I just watch it and suspend belief, and just love the NZ editions.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Do some TV programmes annoy you ? I sometimes watch 'Wanted Down Under, about people wanting to move to Australia or New Zealand. At the end they are meant to vote stay or back to UK, You know they are going to vote stay,never return,After 1 week looking for work & houses they always choose stay Why bother to vote,its already decided
Course it is, deylon.
These sort of programmes are the most contrived, easy-to-watch-braindead entertainment on television.
Who in their right mind wouldn't be able to decide whether they want to live in an idyllic location in New Zealand and ponder worryingly about leaving their bedsit in Bradford?

I'm getting so facitious and suspicious about TV nowadays that I'm beginning to seriously think that evrybody on these programmes is an actor. Nobody is a real person.

On your subject, how about the so-called "Celebrity" versions of quiz shows etc?
These mostly has beens such as Lorraine Chase or Bobby Davro appear things like Pointless and try to win cash for their chosen charity.
Meanwhile they are being paid thousands for appearing on the programme! Why don't they take the money out of their back pockets if they are so interested in helping their charities?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:14 AM

We don't watch any TV programmes which irritate us.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Poldark ...every episode was identical , lots of staring out to sea, riding across the cliffs tops on horseback, shortage of money and unscrupulous relatives + lusty bedroom department with the rellies that bit was ok , I gave up on Poldark and started knitting more exciting
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Me neither .
Although I sometimes inadvertently see ads that annoy me intensely .

The worst is that STUPID one for Andrex toilet paper with the snotty stupid kids and INANE teachers saying I'm as clean as a spoon etc etc

Arghhhhh!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Poldark ...every episode was identical , lots of staring out to sea, riding across the cliffs tops on horseback, shortage of money and unscrupulous relatives + lusty bedroom department with replies that bit was ok , I gave up on Poldark and started knitting more exciting
I watched the last episode and have changed my allegiance from Ross to poor George Warleggan .
It started to annoy me that Ross was always running around to Elizabeth's house !
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Grrr predictive text yes Elizabeth and Ross she is the relative I was on about . Far to much hair for her own good.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 08:40 AM

The one"s where they are shown round house"s .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top