Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Do you give to charity shops?

Books, clothes, bric a brac etc.

I was slightly put out when a charity shop near me (which sells electrical items) wouldn't take a mobile phone because it was "too old" although working perfectly. It was old, a black and white screen but surely someone would have wanted it.

It wasn't the same shop which was selling fake Ralph Lauren shirts at £30 each but in the same vein.

I find charity shops a real mix; some are great and have bargains; others are snobby and have hugely inflated prices.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:02 PM

Re: Do you give to charity shops?

Yes all the time, I also buy from them. Great bargains to be had
Smile
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:06 PM

Yes, frequently. The last one I went to wouldn't take my radio, cd, cassette player though, because it was electrical.
Most around here have put up their prices for the tourists. I rarely buy from those or give them donations.
Some are good with reasonably priced items for sale, one of those, it's an animal charity I give to & buy from regularly.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:07 PM

Charity shops aren’t what they were like years ago, they are proper big business now.

I usually put clothes, shoes and handbags in the charity bins in supermarket car parks. I find it much easier.
I like to put them in the Air Ambulance bin.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

03-08-2018, 06:11 PM

I have given LOADS of stuff to the charity shop which helps fund the animal rescue from which I got my dog. It's run by a rather eccentric English woman who takes in just about anything, electrical items included. She will no doubt be getting more before I move back to the UK later this year.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:23 PM

Actually I had a wardrobe clear out yesterday and I took three black binliners full of clothes to the local Mind Charity Shop.

I have bought quite a few toys in Charity shops recently... just so the grandkids have toys here as well as at home and they are very much appreciated. I expect I will be returning them to the shop when the kids grow out of them.... its great to be able to recycle like that
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:33 PM

Yes I do give to Charity shops, twice a year I have a clear out of my wardrobe and cupboards.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:38 PM

We donate unwanted items, in good condition, to charity shops.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:43 PM

I buy almost all my clothes from charity shops, and I frequently bag stuff up to return to my favourite ones. I just love browsing them and have had some wonderful bargains over the years. I can't come to terms with the price of new clothes any more, it's outrageous. People who turn their noses up at second hand clothes have edidently never found leather handbags, designer labels and yes, shoes for a fraction of their original costs.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:50 PM

Yes. Whenever we need to get rid of anything. Whether clothes or tech. We always give it to charity. And we have signed up to all of the local shops so that they can claim tax relief on our donations.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top