Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 08:38 PM

Goodbye Mail Online

It's not often I view the Mail online these days but Mrs LD does on a daily basis.

It is now impossible to view it with Adblock enabled. If you turn off Adblock, you get Ads popping up all over the place which makes it quite difficult to read.

So Goodbye!

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 09:04 PM

Re: Goodbye Mail Online

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's not often I view the Mail online these days but Mrs LD does on a daily basis.

It is now impossible to view it with Adblock enabled. If you turn off Adblock, you get Ads popping up all over the place which makes it quite difficult to read.

So Goodbye!

It's not that bad.

OK it is that bad, but

I just when to the dailymail site and something about adblockers popped up so I disabled mine and the site is just a nauseating as ever.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It's not that bad.

OK it is that bad, but

I just when to the dailymail site and something about adblockers popped up so I disabled mine and the site is just a nauseating as ever.
The last thing I Googled was slimline concealed push button toilet cisterns and that's what pops up.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Use Nano Adblocker and Nano Defender instead of Adblocker. Problem quickly sorted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-11-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Use Nano Adblocker and Nano Defender instead of Adblocker. Problem quickly sorted.
Is that free Tachyon?
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 09:24 PM

Yes, should have mentioned that. Do a search in Addons tab for them.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 11:41 PM

Made up stories about vacuous celebrities,no thankyou.
(I can get them here,anyway )
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-11-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
(I can get them here,anyway )

Ah, but do you get a million photos of Markle's new shoes?
Tachyon

13-11-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
That's all the "news" and the media is these days, regardless of who publishes it. Sad times.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 06:36 PM

I've been having the same trouble as LD with the Daily Mail online so tried Nano adblocker as suggested by Tachyon with excellent results no flashing adverts and no pop-ups ........thanks Tachyon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top