Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:33 PM

Re: Have you ever appeared on a TV programme?

Back in the late 1980's there was a BBC series along the line of "A year in the life of". One episode was about a school, its pupils and teachers. I was one of the newly qualified teachers it looked at.

Utter con TBH. They enticed pupils to climb over the school fence wearing thick coats in the middle of summer, claiming that this was normal behaviour and that they were filming mid winter.

They also asked me what the job was like. I kept being positive. Eventually, when they led me down a particular set of unrealistic scenarios based upon the worse cases possible, I said "if you want to look at it solely like that then yes, the job is shite". At that point, the director said, "good, now we'll start filming"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:37 PM

Not to my knowledge, but that is severely limited.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:40 PM

Oooh Art, I remember Richard very well.

I’ve been seen in a couple of audiences. This is your life, with Lewis Collins. Alan Titchmarsh Christmas Special, when Mum and I sat at the front, but you could only see the backs of our heads. And a Richard Hammond early evening programme, he interviewed someone so near me that I was on camera.

One of my TG friends was on Mastermind, and she came third.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not to my knowledge, but that is severely limited.
Spitty, Your dog was famous once. Wasn’t he pictured on lost dogs sites?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:55 PM

My dog is a Bitch.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
My dog is a Bitch.
No need to get personal about the fella
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oooh Art, I remember Richard very well.

I’ve been seen in a couple of audiences. This is your life, with Lewis Collins. Alan Titchmarsh Christmas Special, when Mum and I sat at the front, but you could only see the backs of our heads. And a Richard Hammond early evening programme, he interviewed someone so near me that I was on camera.

One of my TG friends was on Mastermind, and she came third.
Jazzi, Richard is now in Brinsworth House for retired actors/show business people, as he doesn’t have good health.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 12:48 AM

In the 1960's I appeared on TV showing a dog at Leeds Championship show. I never saw the item myself .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Brilliant! any film of that Keezoy?
Goodness me I doubt it. It was a Sunday afternoon arts program on the ABC and about 3 minutes of footage max. But here's a still from a gig a few years later. In Sydney this time. Same ugly mug. Different band. I was 23.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paddo Town Hall 1975..jpg
Views:	37
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	11087  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:33 AM

I have never appeared in a program but my name occasionally appeared in the credits when I worked for a commercial TV network in Sydney in the very early 70s. Even better, in those days the credits ran slow enough for you to read.

To be honest I forget what title I appeared under but it was something like OB Co-ordinator or OB Technician - it was always really exciting inserts into other shows such as dog racing or trots from Harold Park or boxing from Bankstown and motor racing from Oran Park.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top