Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:26 PM

Re: Women are best

Before I would accept these statistics, I'd like to see it worked out as how many accidents/fines by the distance travelled.

I don't know the facts but maybe the stats reflect the amount of time each is on the road & the miles they travel.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Your assertion or that of the article is an extremely curious one.

Imagine that racing cars became part of the Olympic Games.

What you're suggesting is that we should select the "best driver" by looking at the number of times they've been to court or had insurance claims ! Rather than actually look at whether they can handle a car.

I submit that the information posted doesn't in any sense identify which sex are the "best drivers" but rather highlights which are the more conforming drivers and the safer drivers.

Regardless the fact remains that 90% of the instances where there is an undesirable event whist I am driving, the cause is a female driver. Either driving too slow, not positioning the car correctly in the lane, not positioning the care correctly when waiting to turn right, not being in the right lane on a roundabout, not indicating and generally oblivious to the cars and other people around them.

Sure, there are tons of men driving at speed, racing with each other, tail gating and so on but let's be brutally honest, they very much CAN handle a car and are very aware of who and what is around them.

For heaven's sake Realist, be careful, don't have a laugh - your face might fall off.

pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:34 PM

In the beginning God saw that man was lonely so he took one of mans ribs and made woman and then just one wk. into the garden of Eden she gets caught stealing bloody apples we get the heave ho I want my rib back
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:39 PM

You men can dispute all the statistics all you want, but you can't alter them. It's FACT, and you fellas know it.

All us ladies know full well that it's the men who race, tail gate, jump lights, and are far more aggressive than us genteel, courteous ladies are.

How many women do you see leaping out of their cars to threaten another driver in a fit of road rage ey? Come on, how many?

Face up to it gentlemen, you lose.
Now then, dig up your wallets, buy us a round of drinks and we'll say no more about it.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:48 PM

I must agree.
Marge is a better driver than I am.

Time was that she was afraid of driving on the motorway and I was the one to do that daily task. However, as time went on she gained much more confidence.

Today, in my opinion she is a better driver than I am. Of course, I don't drive much these days, so it stands to reason that she has more recent experience.

I don't mind though. I trust her with my life and, to be honest, it's much easier sitting in the passenger seat navigating.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You men can dispute all the statistics all you want, but you can't alter them. It's FACT, and you fellas know it.

All us ladies know full well that it's the men who race, tail gate, jump lights, and are far more aggressive than us genteel, courteous ladies are.

How many women do you see leaping out of their cars to threaten another driver in a fit of road rage ey? Come on, how many?

Face up to it gentlemen, you lose.
Now then, buy us a round of drinks and we'll say no more about it.

Mups you have to go on YouTube and see all the gentile woman being arrested for road rage oh dearie me not a pretty sight
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You men can dispute all the statistics all you want, but you can't alter them. It's FACT, and you fellas know
Facts but is it all the relevant facts?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Even at spelling, Susie?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2019, 06:23 PM

I think women drivers are great. Great when us men get drunk and they drive us home.
pathfinder
scotland

17-11-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think women drivers are great. Great when us men get drunk and they drive us home.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top