Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 02:33 PM

Re: The war of the Worlds

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm sad to read that Tiffany. A super choice of music.
Thank you Mart. OH loved that CD too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Thank you Mart. OH loved that CD too.
Me too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I must be easily pleased, I loved it.
Same for me Swim!

I have never read the book or seen a film version, as science fiction is not something that usually grabs my attention, but last night I felt " what would I have done in that postition?". Things like the dog, or the maid that died or the attitude of the older brother..... so I think I will be watching the next episode!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 03:50 PM

I tend not to be too critical of television productions when it come to sticking what a story was like in the book. I more judge on whether they are entertaining or not and taken at face value, I thought TWOTW made a good hour's viewing. Based on the book might be the best way to describe it when it comes to the detail. I'll watch next week's episode.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 05:26 PM

Well, I watched it. It does seem a lot like the book, but that didn't have the love interest, not sure about adding that, but I will watch the next one.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 07:21 PM

I watched the first part and IMO it,s a load of rubbish.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

18-11-2019, 07:33 PM

I did like the horse she galloped away on though.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:42 AM

The show was more like a love story with the invasion being incidental to the story. Too many meaningful silences with actors looking intently into the camera, and who in their right mind would spend an eternity looking up at a death machine instead of running like hell out of the way?

The most irritating part was the introduction. Why the hell didn't they stick to the original "No-one would have believed" etc. instead of adding unnecessary frills?

Not impressed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The show was more like a love story with the invasion being incidental to the story. Too many meaningful silences with actors looking intently into the camera, and who in their right mind would spend an eternity looking up at a death machine instead of running like hell out of the way?

The most irritating part was the introduction. Why the hell didn't they stick to the original "No-one would have believed" etc. instead of adding unnecessary frills?

Not impressed.
I'll definitely give it a miss then .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'll definitely give it a miss then .....
Try it for yourself and come to your own conclusions?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top