Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Re: "Merlin" returns

The jury is still out for me.

I do wish that the scriptwriters would make up their mind about the extent of Merlin's powers...one week he can move mountains and defeat the hardest witches, last night he couldn't get them out of a net that they had been trapped in, and when is he going to pick up some insight? Every week he seems to meet up with a druid seer or a wizard who knows all about Merlin's future as well as the past...even the dragon knows more than him, and don't you just hate it when your dragon knows more than you do....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
The jury is still out for me.

I do wish that the scriptwriters would make up their mind about the extent of Merlin's powers...one week he can move mountains and defeat the hardest witches, last night he couldn't get them out of a net that they had been trapped in, and when is he going to pick up some insight? Every week he seems to meet up with a druid seer or a wizard who knows all about Merlin's future as well as the past...even the dragon knows more than him, and don't you just hate it when your dragon knows more than you do....

Don't forget that Arthur doesn't know Merlin has powers, Barry! When they were so closely tangled up in that net there was no way Merlin could have worked his magic without Arthur knowing.
M Scott-Baker
UK
M Scott-Baker is female  M Scott-Baker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 10:12 AM

I like this program.
I'm so pleased it's back.

Your right Mags, Arthur doesn't know Merlin has powers and he would certainly have let the cat [and them] out of the bag/net if he had used his powers....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Don't forget that Arthur doesn't know Merlin has powers, Barry! When they were so closely tangled up in that net there was no way Merlin could have worked his magic without Arthur knowing.
A blink of the eye in the middle of the night should have sorted it methinks...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A blink of the eye in the middle of the night should have sorted it methinks...
Only if Arthur had been asleep, Merlin's eyes look like laser beams when he switches them on!!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 01:23 PM

Good point Mags!

But yeah Barry - I hadn't actually seen the very first episodes but they have been on iPlayer as repeats, and in those Merlin seemed to have a lot more powers.

Also, I wish they would hurry up and get him to tell Arthur - it's gone on long enough
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

11-10-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Good point Mags!

But yeah Barry - I hadn't actually seen the very first episodes but they have been on iPlayer as repeats, and in those Merlin seemed to have a lot more powers.

Also, I wish they would hurry up and get him to tell Arthur - it's gone on long enough
Ahh but Azz, should Merlin reveal his magic powers to Arthur, then Arthur would rely on Merlin more to save him in his battles! It wouldn't be so exciting then!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 02:05 PM

Either that, or he'd follow what his Dad did to all Merlins Kind.....Put him to Death.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

11-10-2012, 02:09 PM

How about Merlin casts a spell on Arthur first to make him wizard friendly, then tell him....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Stop rewriting the script you lot.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top