Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2013, 11:32 AM

Re: Nice weight loss

Originally Posted by Caedmon ->
Since I started the 5-2 eating plan I've now lost 23 lbs. It does not seem much but I bought 7 cartons of soya milk yesterday - very heavy - and they weighed less than I've lost.
I don't heat my house, never have colds or flu, I think we must all overeat. I've never felt fitter.
Hello Caedmon

Can you tell me more about the 5-2 diet plan please?

My wife's driving me mad by not eating at all some days then eating normally on other days.

Her digestive system must be all over the place because sometimes she goes for several days without going to the loo - that can't be right.
She has been trying to lose weight for months now, Christmas excluded, but nothing she did reduced her weight one iota but now she's not eating at all some days and that worries me.

She's not working now so much of her excess weight has been put on in the last 14 months but she goes out walking almost every day but she's living on porridge!

Her last job kept her on the go all day for nine hours but now I don't understand why her drastic dieting combined with walks daily has virtually no effect at all on her weight so , seeing your post about 5-2 I wondered how you did it.

Is it two consequtive days on low calories then five days of eat normally or do you split the low days in the total seven? Thanks, stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 01:30 PM

Well done on the weight loss ! Been on a calorie controlled diet since Jan 1st and need to lose just 2 more pounds to round up to 3 stones lost. Lot more to go but it took me 50 years to get to this so it could take a while for it to come off.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 01:50 AM

well done lost 67 pounds 2 years ago its hard work keep up the goood work
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 07:28 PM

Great outcome Rick! I lost 39 lbs in 2006 and have kept it off - I agree with your comment about knees - definitely helped me that way too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Just lost my third stone low carbing and no sugar so I agree Moris, it's also an easy way to eat when I get down to maintaining my weight I think too.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just lost my third stone low carbing and no sugar so I agree Moris, it's also an easy way to eat when I get down to maintaining my weight I think too.
Excellent. Well done as losing weight can be a hard thing to do.

I have tried practically all the ways of eating out there, from being a strict vegan to eating meat until it was coming out of my ears. What works for one person won't necessarily work for another I notice. Livestyle plays a big part in which diet is suitable.

I run a lot, and I mean a lot, even at my age. When you are involved in such a sport it is highly competitive at whatever age group you find yourself in. For me to attempt a high protein diet won't work at all. What happens then is I just completely run out of energy. This can happen so sudden that I will literally stop in my tracks and be unable to even jog. I tried it obviously. There were times when I would have to head for the nearest phone box to make a return charge phone call to a family member to pick me up in their car as I was miles from home.

Another thing with a high protein diet is constipation. Where do you get your fibre from? Anyways as it is a diet and not a way of eating for life and it is working for you I hope you can stick at it and get to your goal weight.

What is my diet now?

I tried to find a diet suitable for professional runners as my mileage and training was on par with them when I was younger. I found out that Kenyans hardly ate any protein at all! It was mainly maize I think and potatoes - that type of thing. An athlete stayed with them in their training camp and apparently they only had protein once or 2x in a number of months he was there.

What I eat now is muesli (with milk and unprocessed oat / wheat bran from an Ebay store) from Tescos - just over £1 for 1kg - which can last me nearly a week. Peanut butter which I add for protein (bought in huge pots from Ebay) - just a small dollop of it on the muesli and plenty of mixed vegetables (£1 1kg frozen bags from Tescos) with some fruit. I also take various vitamin / mineral tablets to make sure my blood has plenty of iron in it for energy and also plenty of calcium to keep my bones in good shape. That is it more or less though I will have some quorn or chicken / fish with the vegetables now and then though not very often. Food bill for the week? Not even £15. I can train very hard and not run out of energy, neither am I ever constipated.

The foods we eat and the diets we try sure are intersting .

There you go an insight into the world of a runner.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-05-2013, 09:35 AM

I am not eating high protein as such just higher than I was before, I have replaced carbs with vegetables so constipation is not a problem either. Also I guess you could say I am not a runner more a sedate wanderer so my energy levels are actually really good especially compared with before I started the diet.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2013, 08:04 PM

lost 8 pounds in 9 days only been eating oatmeal yogert have abbses on tooth

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top