Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2013, 01:08 AM

Re: Central Heating

Thanks for reading, Julie, but I'm not living in hopes.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 03:59 AM

Nope, got no further with this but, to be perfectly honest, I'm a lot warmer in my living room now with my two electric heaters than I ever was with the gas central heating. However, the rest of the house is cold, but I have found ways to combat that.

When I'm going for a shower, I put a little electric blow heater in there for 20 minutes before I go up and, as my bathroom is small, it heats up a treat before I switch it off again.

I'm not bothered about my bedroom as I spend little time in there except to get into my night clothes and into bed where I warm up quickly so, all in all, I'm not really missing my central heating but, then again, it's not freezing yet.
Emma27
New Member!
Manchester
Emma27 is female 

11-03-2015, 05:58 PM

In October last year I hadn't had my heating on since March there as no need, if I was cold I just used the little heater in my living room were I spend most of my time. When I moved in my husband would deal with all the technical things like the heating but he was away working and I had to work it out on my own!

Boilers are pretty scary - you hear all sorts of horror stories so I did some googling before I got cracking and I found these videos from a company called CORGI homeplan that were really helpful.

Turns out I had to reset the boiler and their video showed me exactly how to do it. There are other ones too so if you're having problems, it might be worth checking them out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhaPXECpxT8

I went to find out some more about them and it turns out they have a whole website dedicated to safety in the home so any questions, it's a good place to go - www.corgi-homeplan-how-safe-is-your-home.org

Hope this helps others

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top