Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Re: New Diet Fad ...

Originally Posted by lavander ->
remember the beautiful film stars of the 50's ..Ava Gardner....Susan Hayward
and the rest....the film stars and models of today are not a patch on them. and it's scary that young girls now think they must look like them.
You are so right. I remember reading, not too long ago, that Marilyn Monroe is still viewed as the most beautiful woman ever and yet she was a size 14 and took a size 7 shoe! When you think of all those beautiful, classy Hollywood stars of yesteryear, it puts our current crop to shame.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 09:55 PM

Absolutely
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Blimey.

You would think that by now with the potential for huge money someone would have made edible zero calorie food that doesn't harm us. Think of the demand for it. But the above? Horrible.

What a good idea MKJ.

How easily these young girls are led - eating cotton wool, don't bear thinking about.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2013, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Blimey.

You would think that by now with the potential for huge money someone would have made edible zero calorie food that doesn't harm us. Think of the demand for it. But the above? Horrible.
They have haven't they? Lettuce, carrots, tomato, cress, celery, shredded cabbage - boring stuff like that
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Oh yes, of course, never thought of that, daft old wotsit!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
They have haven't they? Lettuce, carrots, tomato, cress, celery, shredded cabbage - boring stuff like that
They don't have many calories but they certainly are not zero calorie, even grass has calories look at cows/sheep etc they can survive on grass and rarely look too thin
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-11-2013, 01:22 PM

Ooh, you've got me thinking now Julie ....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 01:50 PM

I hadn't heard of this either. What a terrible thing to do and so dangerous.
I have two granddaughters, neither is stick thin but I hope they never read of this or hear about it from their friends.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2013, 02:32 PM

God - if I were a parent today, I'd be a nervous wreck with all the garbage out there influencing my kiddies
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They don't have many calories but they certainly are not zero calorie, even grass has calories look at cows/sheep etc they can survive on grass and rarely look too thin
There are 8 calories in a standard serving of Iceberg lettuce (just looked it up) and found:

GOOD POINTS
Very low in saturated fat
No cholesterol
High in calcium
Very high in dietary fiber
High in iron
Very high in manganese
High in magnesium
High in phosphorus
Very high in potassium
High in thiamin
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C

But - was shocked at this bit:

Very high in sugar! No wonder I like Iceberg more than any other lettuce

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top