Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 08:34 AM

Diet Numbers

BBC News. The five two diet, the four three diet, what a load of tosh, there are seven days in a week, if you need to take in say 1600 calories a day to lose weight, you need to take in 11200 calories a week, does it matter if you eat on five days and fast on two, or four and three, in my opinion, mucking about with your eating regime has implications on the bodies other functions which could be problematic in other ways.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Re: Diet Numbers

I think if you want to lose weight whatever way works for you personally is he best way to go. My way is low calorie everyday and no sugar very low carb. That works well for me but wouldn't work for the chap at work who does the 5.2 diet but we are both several stones down so I can' knock his approach any more than he can lock mine.

He chose 5.2 because he wanted to eat and drink normally at the weekend and he is happy doing that. I know if I ate normally at any point I would be very ill.

Key is listen to your body if it's unhappy with your diet it quickly tells you so.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
BBC News. The five two diet, the four three diet, what a load of tosh, there are seven days in a week, if you need to take in say 1600 calories a day to lose weight, you need to take in 11200 calories a week, does it matter if you eat on five days and fast on two, or four and three, in my opinion, mucking about with your eating regime has implications on the bodies other functions which could be problematic in other ways.
The human body has evolved for feast and famine, it has no notion when to stop eating because of this which is why we have an obesity problem. Going a day or two without food is hard but not impossible and for most people has no adverse effects - as a weight loss system it works quite well.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 10:23 AM

When I'm eating my dinner, the largest meal of my day, I find more and more that my mind tells me when I've eaten enough and then I just stop eating. What does it matter if I don't clear my plate, I'm certainly not undernourished.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 11:21 AM

I have now started listening to what my body is telling me rather than eating three meals a day ie breakfast lunch evening meal.

I eat when I feel hungry and if I have put too much on my plate when I do eat I leave it rather than finishing everything.

I am finding that I need less and less.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I have now started listening to what my body is telling me rather than eating three meals a day ie breakfast lunch evening meal.

I eat when I feel hungry and if I have put too much on my plate when I do eat I leave it rather than finishing everything.

I am finding that I need less and less.
All of those things have happened to me too - I also dont find food as interesting as I used to, it's just become something I have to do. Apart from cake
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
All of those things have happened to me too - I also dont find food as interesting as I used to, it's just become something I have to do. Apart from cake

Ooooooooohhhh Sacrilege Karen darlin' !!! - how can you say that about food??? - its fabulous, and yes cake (and 'puddings too) are lovely.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 08:57 AM

Food is just fuel really the key is to eat what you need to function and that can be whatever you like but make sure you don't eat so much it puts weight on you. It really is simple but like many it took me a long time to get to a point where I accepted that fact and stopped eating to fill a gap in myself.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ooooooooohhhh Sacrilege Karen darlin' !!! - how can you say that about food??? - its fabulous, and yes cake (and 'puddings too) are lovely.
I know - it's awful Uncle Joe
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
When I had my accident and I had terrible trouble eating or drinking anything. Tea and coffee tasted awful so was drinking cup a soups, wouldn't normally as they don't really taste of much but I did find cake was a lot easier to eat, funny that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top