Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 04:02 PM

Stunned

My wife and I have been rabbiting on about "down-sizing" and buying our "final" home for some time now as I am approaching 64 years old and looking forward to retiring next year.
The timing of this with our holiday in 5 weeks wasn't the best but, suddenly, we found ourselves at an estate agents agreeing to our house going on the market.

It went on the website and in the local paper on Wednesday-last and it was sold, subject to contract yesterday - two days and it was snapped up.

We were really not expecting this being typical novices in this fast-moving world but it seems that our house was classed as highly desirable, hence the free-for-all to buy it.

Whilst there is a strong sense of satisfaction that what we thought would struggle to sell turned out to be the exact opposite, we are now facing a bit of pressure to get ourselves a new home.

What we want and what's available at present is a bit demoralising but we feel extremely fortunate but stunned that we are in this position now!

So far we have had one viewing - today - and the house we saw was an absolute tip!

How these people have the gall to ask virtually what we are selling our "highly desirable" 3-bedroomed house for beggars belief. stevmk2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 04:12 PM

Re: Stunned

Good Hunting, Steve. I keep fancying a move back to Ireland but am not sure I could face the upheaval of moving again!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 04:20 PM

Selling quickly is great-but yes it can bring pressure as some look to move during the school holiday. I sold my first house within hours as it was wanted by a landlord-strings though---we had to move asap to give him time to convert it to student accommodation.

Anyway good luck in finding your new home.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Selling quickly is great-but yes it can bring pressure as some look to move during the school holiday. Anyway good luck in finding your new home.
Very kind OG - I particularly appreciate the good luck wishes. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Good luck Steve and yes lot of tips out there - how the other half live eh but your palace will be there too might just have to kiss a lot of frogs to find it
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 05:07 PM

Don't allow yourself to get pushed into somewhere you're not sure about. Friends of our sold their house and rented a place in the area where they wanted to buy, they took their time until they found the ideal place.
Good luck!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 05:08 PM

I would say don't rush to buy something because you're under pressure. Far better to put furniture into storage and rent until you find your dream home. Good luck in your search Steve.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

24-07-2015, 05:27 PM

Lots of good, honest advice as usual - thank you for that.
Caught on the hop as they say but we are formulating our plans, albeit far sooner than we thought!

Our Holiday in Limasol, Cyprus is 5 weeks away but we feel we need it NOW!

We feel as if our luck has changed now.

We won £133 on the lottery, we got notification that the Tax man's going to let us move some of my wife's Allowance to me and yesterday I got a cheque from the Taxman 'cos I'd over-paid!

OK, £39 isn't much but small amounts of good fortune do lift your spirit - ask the Chinese! stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Glad to hear your luck's impriving Steve, you've had a voiple of bad years so it's about time. Good luck with it all
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 06:28 PM

Renting and have in cash in the bank does put you in a strong position-but one has to consider the hassle of moving twice in a few weeks/months

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top