Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:26 PM

One More Diet Book

One more Diet Book, added to the millions already published.

This is written by eminent ‘Professor.TimSpector,Epidermioligist.Kings College London.
He obviously knows his subject very well.
“The Diet Myth . The Real Science Behind What We Eat” By Orion Publishing. Price £8.99

He advocates, we do not eat Chemical and Antibiotic treated foods which some of us already try to avoid .
The fact is Commercial food growers rely on chemicals and antibiotics to control disease in plants,and Antibiotics have eradicated many diseases in humans.
If Herbs can cure disease, there is not enough grown to go round, and they take long time to get results.
The Countries where most of the Herbs are grown are rife with disease.

Also, he states that we can get all our Vitamins from food and we do not need extra Vitamin supplements as they may cause harm to out the microbes
The problem is any people on a limited income can’t afford Organic quality food
And the Elderly and housebound do not get enough Vitamin D from the Sun as they hardly go out, especially in the winter months

A lot of diseases are caused by a lack of Vitamins and if we can’t buy Organically grown food Vitamin supplements do help do help, and that is why they are given in Hospitals to help with the recovery
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 04:10 PM

Re: One More Diet Book

Mostly common knowledge to anyone who takes their food consumption and health seriously.

I've never experienced any problems getting hold of herbs, in fact I'm expecting a delivery this week of about 6-7 kinds.
Herbs are great for proper healing and I would advocate them over any pharmaceutical treatment that wasn't an emergency.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 12:50 PM

I personally see nothing wrong with taking supplements. I do agree, however, that as long as one is eating a balanced diet, supplements probably aren't necessary. But unless you're slamming copious amounts (way more than the RDA) I doubt it hurts anything. And let's face it, only a small percentage of people eat enough nutrient-rich foods to get every single vitamin and mineral they need on a daily basis.

That doesn't mean you have to take supplements if your diet, for the most part, is a healthful one with a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins. But most people don't get the recommended amounts of not only vitamins and minerals, but protein, amino acids, calcium, etc, as well.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Isn't all food organic? I thought that was the whole point of it.

As for chemicals, all of our food is treated with, or contains that dangerous chemical dihydrogen monoxide, not to mention the addition of sodium chloride. The world is full of chemicals.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 01:05 PM

Very true, grown food *is* an organic life form, so technically you're right. But the word "organic" has been thrown around so much that it doesn't really mean what it's supposed to mean. Organic is a term now used to describe something that's grown (or raised) without antibiotics, pesticides and other chemicals.
fredamiller
New Member!
US
fredamiller is female 

21-05-2016, 06:28 AM

Healthy body can definitely lead you to the healthier and happier life. In order to do weight loss many people go for diet and dietary supplements, But rather going for them, they can try natural ways also. I have heard about a very organic and natural food which helps in a great weight loss and health care. You can read reviews available on their respective sources. Healthy food is the most important component to live a life longer and actively.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top